Chain keeps falling off.

GoldenMotor.com

Razorthirty

Aug 28, 2011
Big Island
Sorry im sure its out there but i couldent find the thread related to this issue, I just finished putting together my new skyhawk 66cc, and i took it for a quick run down the driveway to try to start it and the chain flew off the drive sprocket, i put it back on a little tighter and it popped off again lasted almost as long.. halp

Xiodinc

Oct 15, 2009
San Jose CA
Is your chain tensioner straight? Hows the chain alignment? Is your sprocket evenly torqued on every bolt to allow for a true alignment?

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
What kind of chain are you using? The factory chain is poop. If you can fit it, use a 415 BMX dirt jumping chain, if not, get a quality BMX chain or industrial garage door chain. I'm using KmC z-chains, and they work ok, but barely fit on the rear cog.

Razorthirty

Aug 28, 2011
Big Island
Fixxed! she purrs like a kitten, just had to flip around the sprocket so it was facing inward.. took forever but it worked. just in case anyone was wondering, 44t not enough for hawai'i hills/

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
What's your head worth? Get a new chain before it stretches (wears quickly). Good luck. Ride it a bunch and it will pull harder after break-in, esp if you are using the thicker mix for break in. If you gear your bicycle right, you can pedal it up any hill normally, and combined with the low-end assistance, the 44t should be plenty or too low, then when on the flats it will be fun.