Whats a good Gear ratio for a 6T front sprocket

GoldenMotor.com

Nikko

Jun 23, 2011
So Cal
ive been looking and cant find much,
i have a 49cc 2 stroke engine i ordered off ebay and it has a 6T pinion i think its called. does any one know of a good ratio i can run with that for avg speed and acceleration? btw its going on a 29inch wheel.

Nikko

Jun 23, 2011
So Cal
does the gearbox just go where the existing gear is but includes a bigger drive sprocket so i can use a different chain?

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Don't forget that this gearbox will reverse the engine rotation.:-||

If using a shift kit, the engine sprocket should be on the same side as the chainring sprocket.

If using a left-side sprocket, you will need a jackshaft to get power to left side.

For a good gear ratio using one sprocket, it depends what your engine's rpm range is. It also depends how fast you want to go.xct2

Nikko

Jun 23, 2011
So Cal
how does the gearbox change engine rotation? wouldnt it still spin the orignal direction? i dont understand how it changes.

Nikko

Jun 23, 2011
So Cal
ok i thot so, and also is there any other way of adding a bigger sprocket to the engine driven sprocket besides this? because i already ordered a 44t rear sprocket and just need a bigger sprocket on the engine so i can add the chain.

Cagiva4ever

Oct 25, 2010
Finland
.. i already ordered a 44t rear sprocket and just need a bigger sprocket on the engine so i can add the chain.
hi !

what type/pitch rear 44t sprocket did ya buy ? as you know the Reduction box you linked at ebay is using like Chain size #20 or something which is miniature chain compered to bicycle chain sprockets, those wont work 2gether, wont mix and match 2gether.

edit iirc Pocketbike/minimoto Cagllari chain pitch is 8mm. and bicycle sprocket has 12,6mm pitch if you bought what im speculating that ya did....Unless if you bought 44t pocketbike rear sprocket ?

DAX sells 10t sprocket that fits into the mentioned Reduction box that you linked. it can use 415 moped chain and 1 of the bmx chains.

the Reduction box at ebay that ya linked is in 2 versions at least, with double row chain/double row sprockets and with single row chain/single sprockets. Reduction on the box can be 3:2 (9t & 29t sprockets inside the box)

bye:)
m