welcome to the acme cafe

GoldenMotor.com

Yggdrasil

Sep 4, 2011
Greater Bangor Area
Cam you have made my dream reality! I cannot stress enough how amazing that bike turned out. Would you mind if i asked you some questions on how you did the rear suspension?

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i used the BB from a mountain bike since it had a pivot for a swing arm when i welded up the frame. i copied the geometry from a yamaha bmx bike. the shocks are swap meet items for a briggs type mini bike. the swing arm i made using rear drop outs from an old frame and welded up some tubing. hope that helps. theres some better pics of it in the pic section.

Last edited:

Yggdrasil

Sep 4, 2011
Greater Bangor Area
Thanks camlifter, i must have read that 100 times and it just now clicked (kind of mechanically challenged) Really love the look of the whole thing, i'd imagine it'd work pretty dang good. What did you do about chain tension? How much Play does the swingarm have? Sorry for so many questions, just curious because i dig it so.
]
Cheers
Ygg

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i made mine from tubing i welded up. i used drop outs from an old bike and the bottom bracket from an old mongoose mnt bike. the bb has the swivel joint you need to have rear suspension.