this is what ive been working on

GoldenMotor.com

mojomoto

Apr 2, 2010
Minnesota
That thing is, Awesome, Sick, Weird, Retarded, Sweet, Crazy, Mad, Great, Ridiculous, and Brilliant all in one. Is the tank an old hydraulic cylinder?
Thanks for the compliment s. The tank/frame is a thin walled 3.5" steel tube.
Ive been beefing it up all around since I put the 90cc motor in it. I should be getting the rims this week and a aluminum 36h rear hub off ebay (donor to be machined). I will be putting a 420 chain, O-ring if it will fit. Have to add a chain roller/tensioner too or find a half link for the chain. In 50cc mode the brakes were just about adequate. They were just the old caliper style that came with the donor bike so.... The 50cc got unbelievable gas mileage. A guess... around 130 mpg. The 90 will probably get only 100 but have some climbing power. I have some other street legal scooters (z50 copies) and drive them all over the county in the summer. I can go were NO other motorized vehicle can go and if i get stuck I can pick them up and set them someplace else. Basically, I can drive deer trails. Try that with a wheeler! My plans are to test the bike this summer and if there is a market sell some frames with a rear hub, shock and rear sprocket and let people pick out their engines, wheels, controls, etc. The best thing about it is that the parts are easy to find in a lot of hardware stores or any good bike shop. Price of a finished bike will depend on the size of engine and quality of the components the customer adds or doesn't add. The engines are z50 honda based and easy to find.