scored another motorized bicycle!

GoldenMotor.com

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
Ok, so I had just sold one of my base model cranbrook builds when I get a call from this guy who saw my ad at the store, and said he had a bike with a motor that he had started to build a year ago and never finished and now he wanted to sell it. asked if I wanted first shot at it, So I looked at it, its a micargi, not sure the model, pantera maybe, brand new, never been riden, new 66cc motor kit ( no idea the brand) a nice saddle and a really nice tank that he made for it. So I thought, what the heck, I can sell it for more then I paid easy, paid $350, nice score I think.

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
Re: scored another MB!

now im on the fence as to what I want to do with it, Keep it like it is and just paint the tank ( an easy flip) or turn her into a board tracker, hmmmmmm....., I love to make new things look old,. so im leaning tward a "barn find" looking boardie, like my barn find cruiser. But its such a nice blue, it would almost be painful to paint over it. decisions decisions.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury

now im on the fence as to what I want to do with it, Keep it like it is and just paint the tank ( an easy flip) or turn her into a board tracker, hmmmmmm....., I love to make new things look old,. so im leaning tward a "barn find" looking boardie, like my barn find cruiser. But its such a nice blue, it would almost be painful to paint over it. decisions decisions.
It would look cool turned into a old barn find,but I think you should just paint the tank,get some heavy duty rims and roll with it....Man that is such a steal you got on this ride!!!!Is that a custom made chain tensioner on it?
John

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID

Ok, So I finished putting this bike together and had it out yesterday and HOLY ****!!! I have never been on an MB this fast!. This is like my 13th build, I have no idea what kit he had on it, its WAY different then the grubee kits, The engine just looks much bigger,the clutch set up is really weird to, every thing is bone stock. To give an example of how fast it is, I had a drag race with my brother, between this bike and my personal bike, my bike has the grubee gt5, billet cns intake, cns carb, expansion chamber, 36t sprocket. My bike likes to top out at about 28 to 30 mph, granted, its still in break in, but so is this new bike. We raced on a 1/2 mile stretch of road, I had a head start of about 200' before my brother took of in this bike, he blazed passed me about 50' before the finish line. my bikes speedo said I was going 29mph. I love the kit on this bike! it is nothing short of amazing, that kind of speed ( had to be atleast 35mph) out of a kit that had just been started for the first time, with no kind of mods at all! The guy I got it from removed every trace of identity for this motor and did not remember where he got it. even if I dont keep this bike, im taking this monster motor!

adb140275

Aug 8, 2010
Harrison City, PA

Here's the engine it has on it. My friend had one, it ran average (or maybe he was afraid to ride fast on the road), but it was quiet and reliable. If I ever get another kit, its what im getting.

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID

Ok, so I stole the engine of this bike and replaced the grubee on my personal bike, got this one all put back together, painted the tank and just sold her for $600. Thought ya might like to see how she turned out.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO

Ok, so I had just sold one of my base model cranbrook builds when I get a call from this guy who saw my ad at the store, and said he had a bike with a motor that he had started to build a year ago and never finished and now he wanted to sell it. asked if I wanted first shot at it, So I looked at it, its a micargi, not sure the model, pantera maybe, brand new, never been riden, new 66cc motor kit ( no idea the brand) a nice saddle and a really nice tank that he made for it. So I thought, what the heck, I can sell it for more then I paid easy, paid $350, nice score I think.
Steal of a deal