HuaSheng 49cc Help!

GoldenMotor.com

Hec_The_Wreck

Apr 4, 2010
Hollywood,FL
Hi guys,

I ran into a problem with my motor.the other day I changed the oil and I put to much oil but I let the excess oil out to the right amount but when I got back on it it started making this screeching sound now and it shot off the idle on this thing.I had this motor for about 7 months and it's got about a 1000 miles on it.

Here are some other things that are going wrong now as well,the engine quits and I hear this pop sound when it stops,when I pull the cord again it gets tight but when it's finally heated up it runs well and now all of a sudden I got great pick up and also when I try to back it up it's very tight when the engine is cold.

Your help is very much appreciated my bike is my only transpo at the moment due to losing my license
Please be patient with me as I'm new to this and I may ask a dumb question.
Thanks
HEC

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hi guys,
I got back on it it started making this screeching sound now and it shot off the idle on this thing.
Explain this a bit better: "it shot off the idle on this thing."

Here are some other things that are going wrong now as well,the engine quits and I hear this pop sound when it stops,when I pull the cord again it gets tight but when it's finally heated up it runs well and now all of a sudden I got great pick up and also when I try to back it up it's very tight when the engine is cold.

Thanks
HEC
It sounds like you may have a broken spring in your centrifugal clutch.....what kind of transmission do you have?

Need more information here....

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes I did and today the motor froze up I pulled the cord and it got jammed so I had to peddle 4 miles home.

To scotto-

I bought this off Spooky Tooth so maybe that will tell you what kind of transmission.
No, that doesn't really so I'll assume it's a 4G t belt tranny. Like I was sayin', it sounds like you've got a broken clutch spring or 2....or 3...and your clutch shoes are dragging or maybe even locking when you're trying to pull start it.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I agree with Scotto. Open the clutch housing and look for a broken or loose clutch spring/s. One question: Have you ever run this engine with the outer clutch drum removed? Without that drum in place the clutch pad arms can swing out too far and the springs can come off. Take it from me. They'll come out with the velocity of a bullet. If they don't come out they can get stretched and will not stay in place afterwards.
Tom

Hec_The_Wreck

Apr 4, 2010
Hollywood,FL
I agree with Scotto. Open the clutch housing and look for a broken or loose clutch spring/s. One question: Have you ever run this engine with the outer clutch drum removed? Without that drum in place the clutch pad arms can swing out too far and the springs can come off. Take it from me. They'll come out with the velocity of a bullet. If they don't come out they can get stretched and will not stay in place afterwards.
Tom
No I have never run it without the clutch drum and Scotto it's a belt driven one.You guys know any place online that has a diagram of this motor I can download and a place for parts as well?
I'm gonna take the motor off the bike today

Thanks

Hec_The_Wreck

Apr 4, 2010
Hollywood,FL
Tom
I did that and seen that one spring was broken and another had come off could this be my problem?also all this black powder came out,is this normal?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I did that and seen that one spring was broken and another had come off could this be my problem?also all this black powder came out,is this normal?
Yes , as I suspected, this is definitely the problem. That black dust is normal, it's from the clutch pads.

You are best off replacing all three springs at this point, as 2 of the 3 are shot. Put it back together and ride! Cheers.brnot