New engine.

GoldenMotor.com

Randiman

Jul 25, 2010
Florida
I have a new bike with a HauSheng 142 G engine. I can get it started but once I take it off of choke it stalls. I have tried about every adjustment on the carb possible but nothing changes. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
Randiman

Weyant

Jul 29, 2010
Germany
Hey Randiman, You say a new bike but has it been sitting awhile or have old/bad gas in it. Carbs are known for getting all gunked up if they sit for any time especially with a 2stroke engine. The choke on if basically forcing fuel into th engine so thats why it will run, when you pull the choke it "feeds" on pressure. You proably have a clogged jet. What you will have to do is pull the carb, take off the bowl and spray it out real good with carb cleaner and try it again, hopefully thats all it needs and you will be back in buisness. If not you will need to clean your jet. You can do this all at once if you want. If your not sure how to do it the jet will be usually behind the float and its usually bronze colored. You can screw it out and soak it in some carb cleaner then run a thing wire through it to clean it out. That should fix all your problems.!!