Grubee Pipe

GoldenMotor.com

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
great pipe and the flange isnt a big deal i have tried it with both and never lost or gained performance.. the pipe def adds performance opposed to the stock choker

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
My exhaust flange ain't a big deal, huh? I disagree, and so will about 20 other people. I don't recall selling you one either, but whatever maybe I did. I am sure you guys have seen the pictures and I can tell you it is a big deal and when used with my Typhoon intake manifold it's a HUGE deal. Its like throwing a set of headers and a four barrel manifold on a two barrel 1970 Mustang. Can't find the exhaust photo right now but here is the intake difference. On the exhaust it's a tiny round hole verses a nice rectangle full port flange. Besides, that Grubee pipe won't fit right anyway until it is cut and rewelded so why not reweld with a proper flange?

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
For what's it worth...

I did the whole package all at once, CNS carb, milled the head, added Pats typhoon intake and the same exhaust pipe with a port matched flange. It totally changed the nature of my bike, a big power increase across the full power range with no negative side effects. Plus it looks cool with the meaty pipe. And the pipe ain't too loud either so don't sweat it.

If your bike is garage queen you can skip it, but I consider this a mandatory upgrade for the guys that really ride their bikes, especially for you 200 pounders that need a little more torque to get the mass in motion. We've got a good group of motor bikes that ride together and the stock guys get smoked on our rides and one by one, they're all stepping up and making the mods.

Total cash outlay for the whole package is not a big deal either.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
My exhaust flange ain't a big deal, huh? I disagree, and so will about 20 other people. I don't recall selling you one either, but whatever maybe I did. I am sure you guys have seen the pictures and I can tell you it is a big deal and when used with my Typhoon intake manifold it's a HUGE deal. Its like throwing a set of headers and a four barrel manifold on a two barrel 1970 Mustang. Can't find the exhaust photo right now but here is the intake difference. On the exhaust it's a tiny round hole verses a nice rectangle full port flange. Besides, that Grubee pipe won't fit right anyway until it is cut and rewelded so why not reweld with a proper flange?
pat are you ok? why you jumping down my throat i never once mentioned your laser cut flange!! I have my own laser cut flanges that i used

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Flybytaco,
Reading down the posts you mentioned the exhaust flange right after Whitey mentioned my exhaust flange. It appeared to me you were talking about the one I make. My mistake. I didn't mean to jump down your throat.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
pat, i've been apologizing to people all week lol I really need to make myself more clear when i write. reading down i see what your saying i have the flanges as well sorry