Will this Electra work?

GoldenMotor.com

Beej

Jun 7, 2010
San Diego, CA
I am really liking this Electra sparker 3 speed cruiser but I am wondering if it will have any issues with the rear tire being a 24" fatty tire? Will it stress the motor more or will it work to my advantage having better traction and less rotating mass for the motor to push?

electra sparker special 3i

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
The only thing I would have to say is the fat tire may have to go to make room for the chain. I had to do this on my bike, with reluctance. Theres two ways to keep the fat tire, the first is the most expensive, but since you have 3 speed hub, may be the best. A shift kit from Sick Bike Parts is about 200 dollars, but would allow the fat tire, and use of the 3 speed hub. The second which I dont like is mount the engine offset to the left side to allow the chain to clear. If a shift kit is not an option, then do what I did, and cahnge the tires to a skinnyer size. I went from a 2.25 to a 1.75, was unhappy buying the skinny things, but have come to love them. The Michelens stick great. There are still 80cc/66cc kits for sell right here in San Diego.