my first collision

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Today, while on my way to the mall, I had my first collision. I wasn't hurt, the bike wasn't hurt, the giant green trash can wasn't hurt, the idiot city worker who stepped out in front of me pushing it wasn't hurt, but his ears might have been from me screaming at him.

Fortunately all's well that ends well, unless the cops come to my door now. I am rethinking the horn thing though. I might also rethink the bike helmet thing as well. Sometimes you can think you are dong everything just right and pow from nowhere a giant green trashcan runs in front of you.\

ER if a moderator sees this how about fixing my spelling of FIRST

Last edited:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
That's probably what happened. The trash can was running away and the city worker was trying to coral it back in!
Seriously, I'm glad all is well and you are ok.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
trash cans have a way of doing that. a million years ago i was skateboarding home in the middle of the night and we had those warm Santa Ana winds that gust around 30mph, and a trash can came out of a driveway and broadsided me.
lucky it was a small side street, 'cause i lay in the middle of it for 20 minutes or so trying to figure out where i was.

i was also drunk.

i dunno if trash cans can hear horns, but a helmet is definitely a good idea...

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I don't know if anyone else here remembers an old TV show called Then Came Bronson, but I loved the way he looked on that motorcycle with a knit toboggan. Guess it is time to retire the toboggan and go for the stupid looking bike helmet.

Oh well image isn't everything. Good thing I don't live in DC there it is the only thing that counts. Deem it passed, that has to be like the toboggan in a major accident,

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
deacon , what is a toboggan ? This is what I know as a toboggan . It's hard to balance on the head and a knit one wouldn't slide well . .... D.J.

Homeless Bob

Feb 25, 2010
Louisiana
... I don't know if anyone else here remembers an old TV show called Then Came Bronson, but I loved the way he looked on that motorcycle ...
I great show from my youth! Never missed it back in the day. Where would my youth have been without Easy Rider, Hells Angels on Wheels, The Wild Angles, Then Came Bronson... the heyday of the "muscle cars" and "muscle bikes"... Choppers that came out of guys garages, not off factory showrooms...

Whoa... Maybe this will be to your liking. ;) YouTube - then came bronson openning

You might also like to check out this: THEN CAME BRONSON - NBC-TV 1969-1970

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I havent tried to watch this yet but you got me to thinking so I hope I tracked it down.. It didn't work. One of us might have to buy the dvd and upload it to one of the online sites.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I had never heard it called either, this could prove educational...

you know they issed a hat similar to this in WWII with a little brim on it. I have one but I have no idea what they called it. It was for cold weather use under the steel helmet. I might pull mine out to wear under that stupid bike helmet

Homeless Bob

Feb 25, 2010
Louisiana
I had never heard it called either, this could prove educational...

you know they issed a hat similar to this in WWII with a little brim on it. I have one but I have no idea what they called it. It was for cold weather use under the steel helmet. I might pull mine out to wear under that stupid bike helmet
During the "Korean Conflict" they called them "Jeep Caps". In some M*A*S*H episodes Radar wears one...

I've always heard the O.D. regular knitted "toques" called "watch caps".