Fully Auto lifan motor

GoldenMotor.com

tordel

Feb 22, 2009
santa cruz
I just picked up a Lifan(xr50 clone) motor that claims to have a fully automatic transmission. I have heard that these fully auto motors are actually just a single speed with an auto-clutch. Has anyone ever used one of these fully auto motors? I am building a Motoped that I want to register as a motorized bicycle and in California the transmission is supposed to be fully automatic. Has anyone ever ran into trouble running a semi-auto(shifter+auto clutch) in a fully auto state?

Attachments

The 26incher

Dec 19, 2009
Pepeekeo, HI
I have never seen or heard of a full auto honda clone engine. Most are centrifugal clutch 3 or 4 speed simi auto(meaning you don't have to hand clutch the engine to start off or shift gears) gear boxes. I buy the big 150cc 4 speed clutch models for my pit bikes...

tordel

Feb 22, 2009
santa cruz
I got the motor at Parts for Scooters. I think the motor is for a quad for little kids who can't shift. The Motoped uses a pitbike motor, but I wasn't sure if I'd run into trouble with a shifter.

i-paint

May 24, 2008
I just picked up a Lifan(xr50 clone) motor that claims to have a fully automatic transmission. I have heard that these fully auto motors are actually just a single speed with an auto-clutch. Has anyone ever used one of these fully auto motors? I am building a Motoped that I want to register as a motorized bicycle and in California the transmission is supposed to be fully automatic. Has anyone ever ran into trouble running a semi-auto(shifter+auto clutch) in a fully auto state?
Your engine is a single speed with an automatic clutch (centrifugal clutch). Do you have any more pictures?

Thanks,
i-paint