Computor problem with my ebay searches

GoldenMotor.com

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Need a Geek.
I'm using Windows Vista ,searching ebay any random catagory . Scrolling down viewing items 4 sale when a pop-up comes up in the lower right hand corner . If Im looking at shoes ,the pop-up may be related to shoes 4 sale at Amazon.com. If I'm looking at toy trucks , the pop-up may be showing struts at Strutmasters . There is a little shopping bag with a green "G" on it in the top corner of the pop-up . and the background colors are similar to ebays colors . This is the only website that does this other than that ,my computor is running ok . I set my blockers on very high but this did not help . It's just annoying but not debilitating . Anyone have this problem ? Ebay help center tried to guide me through a fix but it did nothing . :-||

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
sounds like malware to me. if you have a malware program I would run the scan. if not there are a few around that can scan it and they are free.

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Well I got lucky , when I downloaded the newest version of Windows Internet Explorer it eliminated it out of the computor . At least for now it does not pop up when I search ebay . dance1

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Well I got lucky , when I downloaded the newest version of Windows Internet Explorer it eliminated it out of the computor . At least for now it does not pop up when I search ebay . dance1
I searched my history and found out it was PriceGong that had been installed somehow . Uninstalled it and it is PriceGone !

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Most likely it installed it self... I have that sort of thing happen to me now and then. I have a malware scan I run every few weeks.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
I'm scarred to down load anything from windows, because after 4 updates.my wireless router and adapter stopped working. I had to reinstall router and adapter that come with their own drivers. I have an option to instead have windows run my wireless system, but I said no.

My wireless system is running smooth without them and after all that hassle,Im not gonna take any chances on a change over.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Lefty, I Think These Pc Are Like Mab`s, It`s Best If You Can Tinker With Them Yourself!! Lol. I Prefer Tinkering With The Mab. Have Had Pc`s For 30 Yrs And Still Get Po. You Sure Get More For Your Money Now Days Though. LEFTY "You Got Er Done". Ron