Stolen , Recovered

GoldenMotor.com

bbassfisher

Oct 13, 2008
treasure coast fla.
Hello Again,
They night before school started here, some mis-behaving "young adults" ransacked both my cars and shed. Took all the cd's maps mothers handicapped sign change and stereo's of of the cars. In addition taking a weed eater,paint, and not to be left out my beloved chopper bike. I reported the theft as soon as I was up and getting the paper. Trust me, the sheriffs department was there in ten min. A neihbor down the street had called them about 3 a.m. about a suspicious car in the neihborhood. The boy that was caught brazenly rode the bike right by the sherrif and neihbor and soon the chase began as I was told. sherrif "fleet foot" cut between houses and blind sided the culprit both ending up slinding down the embankment of a drainage canal. So short story long....All items except paint recovered. The chopper bike suffered damage to the rear wheel and could not be repaired. I am now in the process of making/mounting a new wheel. Gone is the 6speed and derailer on with the 24X4 rim, 14 ga. spokes and sturmey archer sx-rk3 hub with disc brake.

Always did like a fat back tire bike. Got a 26x1/38 in front. Bike frame from XYZ.
Soon to be ridin again.

.shft.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Three loud cheers for your fast thinking neighbour and the police officer who put more of himself into it than he may have needed to.
Bet it felt good to get ahold of the little perp even if it meant a trip into the canal.. Makes up for the ones that get away.

Great ending .

Steve.

bbassfisher

Oct 13, 2008
treasure coast fla.
Hey all,

Thanks to you that responded.
Hope everyone had a"good" Thanksgiving,Christmas or religeous celebration of choice.
Happy new year!!
Yes the trial is over and am waiting restitution[yea RIGHT}!!!!
The young mans sentence:Ankle bracelet till 21,House arrest till 21[turned 18 while waiting trial]and since he was a big man while in corrections,,,,showing his a$$ is remanded to a mental health facility until such time he can be reintergrated into society.
Court records show behaveral problems in school. SO eventho I get restitution,I still pay for his upkeep through taxes. such is life....
Have fun,Think young.
Back to lurking Bobby bass