Grubee G4 Performance Test Video's

GoldenMotor.com

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Yes I have an 11 tooth sprocket for $12.99 and are you aware of the new price for the 4G

NEWS FLASH my wife is going to kill me but here it goes. For ACTIVE FORUM MEMBERS ONLY until further notice I will be selling The 4G $300.00 USD plus $20 Paypal transaction fee and free shipping in the Continent US only. And here is why my wife is going to kill me. I will make NOTHING on these kits at all $0. In my endeavorer to gain a good reputation so Cheer's to all and happy bicycling
30 day manufacter warranty and 6 month supplier warranty.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
That 10 tooth may be useful for a shift kit, but I can't imagine it would be too much use without one...unless there is interest in pulling trees out by the roots.

With a 5:1 primary reduction and an 11-50 final drive, you already have almost 23:1 reduction- with the 10 tooth that would be 25:1. My Grubee Stage II has an overall reduction of just over 16:1, which is OK for my over 220# self, and while I am kicking around bumping the final drive up to 17:1, unless I was mountain climbing, I don't see an advantage to more reduction that that (and that's with a gearbox with probably significantly more drag than the belt...for now...hee, hee, hee).

However, as I said, to get that thing tuned to work with the shift kit, it may be necessary...and I sense that what Mr. Ghost0 is interested in.

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Ok the 10 tooth for the 4G comes with shaft and key plus the 10 tooth for $19.99 25 in stock
And new T Belts are $12.99 50 in stock
Hope this helped
Terry

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I am more worried about the 11 tooth freewheel than the reduction part. With the 2 freewheels, chains, clutch there is enough freeplay in the system as is. No need for a 3rd freewheel. Unless of course the 11 that comes with the 4G is not a freewheel.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Ghost0 if you are going to do shifter kit for 4G can it be made with the jack shaft at the lowest possible spot that way the original chain Gard can still be used?

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
I am more worried about the 11 tooth freewheel than the reduction part. With the 2 freewheels, chains, clutch there is enough freeplay in the system as is. No need for a 3rd freewheel. Unless of course the 11 that comes with the 4G is not a freewheel.
I understand. Makes sense.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
The tank was custom made by the owner of that bike. If you do a search for Rotten Orange build you will find details on how he made it.

So that probably means that the output shaft for the Stage III and 4G are the same.

jg767

May 28, 2008
Terry, I'd like to know how these belts hold up. I had issues with the GEBE belts on my first kit, so I'm a little leery of them. How many miles have you put on them and how will they hold up on hills and pulling a heavier rider?

jg767

May 28, 2008
Also, how thick is the belt and is it reinforced with kevlar similar to the GEBE belt?

Last edited:

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
hello terry i was wondering where in Canada you were located im looking for a close vendor as i hate buying from the states due to higher shipping costs and longer waiting time and sometimes depending on the part i have to pay more when i go pick up the iteam from the post office (i bought an morini from the states i had to pay 130$ brokrage fees to ups to pick it up )