80cc chinese (i know its not really 80 but w/e) exhaust questions

GoldenMotor.com

mkri23

May 29, 2008
Is it possible to make a very quiet exhaust while not decreasing performance by that much, also do expansion chamber really increase power substantially, or is it not worth getting in the way of the pedaling.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I have an expansion chamber on mine and it made quite a bit of difference in performance. It's also quieter unless I really get on it, and then it just sounds like a dirt bike. Norman made some templates off of a tuned exhaust and we cut our rolled our own pipes from the templates. It wasn't real hard to do just took a lot of time.................................

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Is it possible to make a very quiet exhaust while not decreasing performance by that much, also do expansion chamber really increase power substantially, or is it not worth getting in the way of the pedaling.
I'm in the process of adapting a pocket bike expansion chamber pipe with silencer - I will give a full report when complete. I'm having a bit of trouble with the silencer hitting my rear tire knobs - now is as good as any to ditch the super offroad tires anyway.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I put one on mine, similar to what Pablo is doing. It is a little louder than stock. The performance is substantially better. Making it quieter would not be that difficult. Would just need to play with the silencer a bit.

Attachments

Last edited: