Maytag Motorized!

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I posted this here in the Tavern so as not to PO anyone with an off topic ramble.

Today I got my new Maytag Motorized... :(

Yeah, the old one died, and I did not want to replace the gearbox for nearly the price of a new one when the old one is....old.

The positive side? It was 549.00 on sale this week for 299.99.

Yay.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Plus you got a great cardboard box to play with!!!!
Now that's funny. Finfan, some years ago there was a study done (there's always someone doing a study) that proved that kids had more fun in the box that a large item came in, washers, dryers, refrigerators etc, than with any manufactured toy. It reminded me of something I (my parents) ordered from a comic book ad when I was about 7 or 8 years old. The ad showed a drawing of a kid with a helmet on and driving what looked like a WWII tank. The thing was only $4.00. I ordered it. When it came it was just a cardboard box with the tank treads printed on the edges and no end flaps. You got in it and crawled...a tank...get it? I'll admit, I had a ball in that stupid thing, until the cardboard wore out and I was left crawling on my hands and knees. Ahhh, the 50s when truth in advertising was yet to be invented.
Tom

geeksquid

Feb 14, 2008
It sure is hard to believe that Maytag is really assembled in the U.S.A. with all that Spanish writing all over the box.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Never thought about recycling the drum that way. I'll probably just drive down the back roads and have Mrs. Joe shove it out the back like everybody does around here. :)
o.o

I HATE that - I dunno how many times I've thrown old crap into the back of my jeep to get it off the trails I love so much... doesn't work as well with my bike lol

It's not even that I'm an environmentalist - yer just screwing up my sunday cruise :p

Sux yer cardboard box got ruined, so much for the new Mod clubhouse eh?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Here's the funny thing....and here we go OT....Mrs. Joe and I have actually gotten about a hundred bucks in scrap last summer by picking up the old appliances and scrap one the back roads around here. One bonehead even threw away his washer, fridge and a catalytic converter in a little pile in one of the gas well driveways. That haul was worth 55 dollars.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
We take a trailer load pretty much every month here at work, mostly washers, dryers, stoves, fridges, and even metal bi-fold doors when we replace them. Last week was the most I've ever hauled on the trailer, 2700 lbs consisting of a water heater, 2 washing machines and 41 steel clad entry doors. We're having all 118 entry doors replaced here on the property. With all the aluminum from the thresholds and brick mold caps we netted a total of $177 for the lunch fund.

The trailer is sitting loaded with 51 more doors to go in on Monday. :D

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Them cardbaord boxes are surf boards at sand dunes...been to White Sands as well as Monahans near Pecos Tx.
It's like goin downhill on a snow sled without the trees to run into LOL