Re-routing exhaust. Brainstorming.

GoldenMotor.com

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Hi all. I am working out the best method to re-rout my exhuast to the rear right of the bike. Has anyone found a compatable size of flexable apliance style gas line that would fit over the kit exhaust and muffler pipe diameter? I have posted a pic here of where using some thing like that would save me lots of head aches and take stress off the exhaust manifold studs. Calling all brain stormers.

Attachments

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I was just looking at the bike I am building now and thinking about running the exhaust all the way to the back on the right side. Then I logged on here and saw your drawing. I will probably make mine out of 3/4 inch steel tubing, possibly e.m.t. You can get most of the bends with a conduit bender, and braze the joints.
Some of the flexible gas pipe might be an easier way to go.

John

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
EMT will work and you can compression fittings. Just wondering, why on the right? Just to be different?

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
I had a Sportster in a past life, just seems like thats where exhuasts should be. Thanks for the input so far. I could do some brazing with map gas if it comes down to it. I can't shake the apeal of the flex line however, in my imagination it speaks vintage. Keeping an open mind though.