anyone know where to get a pull starter?

GoldenMotor.com

john_the_great

Oct 24, 2009
California
I've got my 80cc/66cc kit installed and I am ordering a SBP jackshaft kit and don't really look forward to pedal starting my bike, so does anyone know a site where I could get a pull start addon?(other then ebay, I already know I can get them there)

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
John from what Ive read your pedals will not clear with a pull start. Some one does sell them though, do a search on it here and dont use just thread titles.

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
The answer of course is wider pedal cranks. I got a set of them intending to get a pull start eventually. I haven't gotten around to it yet, but the wider pedals are more comfortable to me. They have both here, the pedal cranks are on the next page. They also have a centrifugal clutch that will fit our engines.

gian

Jun 30, 2009
vancouver
i had 1 pullstart i bought it here in vancouver ca. and i bought the wide pedal to the same time coz you cant able to use or old pedal if you install your pullstart i bought pullstart for $20. the pedal $10 each so gonna be 20 for both side

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
OOG and breakdowns are jus' waitin' fer comments like that lol

Murphy is listening o.o

I kinda like being able to shut down and go "stealth" with just the pedals, I'll hit the sidewalk in the lil town we have near here and just pedal and coast like a regular bike. I suppose it isn't something I need to do *shrug*

john_the_great

Oct 24, 2009
California
OOG and breakdowns are jus' waitin' fer comments like that lol

Murphy is listening o.o

I kinda like being able to shut down and go "stealth" with just the pedals, I'll hit the sidewalk in the lil town we have near here and just pedal and coast like a regular bike. I suppose it isn't something I need to do *shrug*
I agree with BarelyAWake being able to stealth around when necessary is very important. Also, a pull starter is necessary when you have a centrifugal clutch

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I agree with BarelyAWake being able to stealth around when necessary is very important. Also, a pull starter is necessary when you have a centrifugal clutch
Ive been getting mixed storys about the centrifugal clutch....I hear you dont need a pull start and now your saying you do.....Well that scratches my idea of buying a clutch....I will find out from the supplier first before I buy one....
John-John

Scout Black

Nov 14, 2009
Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
So I ordered the Flying Horse w/pull start before finding these forums and doing any research. My peadls hit the pull start.

I am going to pull the cranks off, heat them up with a torch and bend them out a bit. I am only keeping them for emergencies, so if they are off a bit, I will be able to live with it.