My junkyard build TrainTrain

GoldenMotor.com

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Ok heres the start to my junk yard build. This is where I got to today and still have a long way to go. The frame is an old 27 inch that I hacked up months back and didnt know what to do with it. The rims are 12 gauge I bought and never had anything to use it on. Handlebars came off one of my MoonDogs. Crank is a schwinn freewheeling crank, and the motor is off my cafe bike thats going to get a rebuild.
But its a start still have to make some idler wheels for the chain from the motor to the crank and add some cross braces and build a tank. But I got all summer right??
Terry

Attachments

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
That's a different approach . Eliminate the need for a jack shaft by offset alone . Way to go . Keep us up to date on your progress . ......... D.J.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Now thats what I call thinking outside the box. I really like the surrealness of it. Too coollllllllll.........................

motorman

May 31, 2008
Wisconsin
With all that open space your opportunities are endless. One engine for each wheel? Snowmobile engine? Have fun with it!!

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
need to put a baby seat in the open space, get your kids into it too, or a giant basket, and deliver pizzas and enjoy your hobby at the same time make enough money for bike parts.

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Looks like a GREAT application for that spring tensioner Terry...
Your so right Geo, Thats the next step that I have to do before trying to fire it up. The problem I ran into was Im touching the top of the motor and the top of my motor mount I welded in with the chain. I was trying to do it without one and after repositioning the motor I started touching. Ive rode it around the block a bit pedaling to test it and its like you dont even notice the offset. I think Im going to have to build some guide sprockets for both sides of the crank to make sure when it goes through the gears it goes through them and not me. But the main thing is going to be chain control on both sides of the crank and I should be fine. Thinking about a 1/8 inch flat plate behind the crank and mount the sprokets then make it look pretty after I make it run good. Just going to make it work then Im going to strip it and find an old barn some where and hide it there. lol
Later
Terry