Dax titan friction drive

GoldenMotor.com

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Well I finally met Duane and it was a pleasure, Hes a down to earth sort and the kind of person thats very easy to talk to. I had a chance to test his friction drive out and I was pleasantly surprised how different it is from my MAB. My bike is the only motorized bicycle Ive ridden so I wasnt sure what to expect. His setup is sweet, it runs and drives just like a factory scooter. With the twist throttle you just twist and go, the clutch operation is very smooth with no grabbing or excessive slipping. Kit is very simple in design and looks great on the bike. I am impressed with this kit and I know he will sell many of them. The Titan motor is sweet too it just hums along and has all the torque and power you could want from a 50cc motor. As soon as these kits become available Im getting one. Im very disappointed in my kit now lol, he ruined it. The features to take off from a standing start, stop without disengaging the motor,ability to easily change the roller pressure on the tire is what impressed me most. Every thing about this kit has a huge Q stamped onto it from a quality perspective. Duane JOB WELL DONE!

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
thanks Bandito for looking past my welds and touch up paint. It is a proto type. Again. Thanks for the Test Comparison and the ride. I did enjoy the ride on your Dimension edge. The Clutch less connection between the motor and tire felt good. It was fun for sure. I hope we can get together and ride again some time. :)

retgi

Aug 31, 2009
Homosassa, Fl
I recently purchased the Dax Titan and the BMP FD kit and compared to the frame mounted Chinese 2-stroke I just gave away, this thing is a Cadillac! Smooth power all the way, great up hills and no vibrations. I'm very pleased with it and their customer service.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
One thing I have found out is that the Collar bolts on the Clutch pack can be very close to the Bell. Sometimes they can touch and make a bell or metallic noise. If this is the case, then you need to put the 4 flat washers on top of all 4 spacers and only use the lock washers with the bolts. These flat washers can space the engine out enough so that the collar bolts do not touch the Bell. If a collar bolt hits the bell too hard, it can break the collar bolt on the clutch pack !! Yikes. Not good. So.. Make sure to listen for this. It is so close, some touch, and some do not. We are talking 1000th of an inch or so . Point being, it is close for sure which is what you want. But not too close. Again, the fix is to move the flat washers to the other side and space the motor out some. An easy fix for sure. Enjoy the ride...

Last edited: