Custom Harley Davidson Track Board Bike - Should I buy it?

GoldenMotor.com

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
Sorry for the long title...

This is my second post so I hope I'm in the right area. I'm looking at buying a Custom Harley Davidson Track Board Bike (without motor) and I was wondering if I post some pics of it here if you guys can tell me if it's worth the cash. The bike itself is not too far from me so it wouldn't have to be shipped.

The cost he wants for this bike is $300. If the price is worth it what kind of engine would you guys put into the bike? Cost is a major factor for me so I can't go crazy with the extra parts I need. If I need to I will buy one part at a time. I'm looking at this as a winter project and I'll be the first one to say I have no experience with anything like this. I just really love old bikes and MB's in general and have always wanted to build one with my own hands...even though I don't have a clue how to go about it. What I do know is that there are a lot of smart people on here who know exactly how to help me and advise is for free. Plus being in a big city (Seattle) there are quite a few guys around that have and build MB's.

Anyway see the two pictures below of the bike... I asked the owner to send more detailed pics to me. What do you guys think?

Attachments

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I would buy that in a split second! If I were closer you wouldn't have to be asking this question because I would already own that bike! :D

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
You could of course resolve your dilemma by giving it to me :D

you would still have to buy it first...

so yeah... good deal lol

It looks set up w/engine mount tabs already - I'd ask the seller which engine was meant to go there first ;)

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
Looks like it's a good deal...I'm talking to the guy who's sellling it today to get info from him. I guess he built it!

Any questions I should ask about the bike...remember I'm a novice?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
It looks like a really good deal if that tank really holds gas!!!
If it doesn't hold gas? you might have a problem...

Also... put a 2-stroke in it!!! (they look the most like real motorcycle engines!) (^)

Last edited:

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
Does it matter what brand of 2 stroke I put in it? I realise that most if not all are coming out of china anyway. I think in my state (WA) I can have up to a 80cc engine without getting a special licence. If that is true should I go with the bigger engine?

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Crazy Horse, here just wanted to say I believe that bike to be built by none other than the legendary,

George Whitney of 12917 10th Ave S Burien, Washington 98168 he's just 2 blocks east of 509.

Good Luck SeattleRider

If he's selling that bike for $300.00 you'd better jump on it, he sells them with a motor starting at $1800.00 so purchase the bike first then ask about a motor.

George uses the Worksman newspaper boy cruiser for his Board Track Racer inspired builds, it's one of the toughest frames on the market and its American made.

Let us know that you bought it, or that he still has it for sale.

Peace Crazy Horse!

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
I found out it's not George but another local person...i'll tell all after I pick it up this weekend (hopefullly). Don't want to start any fights and all!

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
Things are looking good! Thanks for all your help. I plan to pick it up tomorrow (if all goes well) and when i get it I'll post more pics of it....on to the build!

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
SeattleRider,

Stick to your guns I like to say if he tries to up the price, hold him to his original quote for what he's selling that bike for.

You may have to haggle with him if he does up his price, so you make sure he doesn't try and get more than his original selling price.

Let us know when you bring your new bike home, share some pic's with us.

Again good luck.

Peace Crazy Horse, aka Joe.

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
OK, so it's late tonight and I'm going to keep this short. Bought the bike and it's even better in person. Rick Gilmore made the bike and I found out he was the first to take a workman bike and make it into a board track bike...that is how he made this bike. Anyway he's a true artist and a gentleman.

I have some photos I took tonight but they are too large...so I will have to host them somewhere tomorrow morning so I can post them here.

Cheers and TGIF!

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
OK, so it's late tonight and I'm going to keep this short. Bought the bike and it's even better in person. Rick Gilmore made the bike and I found out he was the first to take a workman bike and make it into a board track bike...that is how he made this bike. Anyway he's a true artist and a gentleman.

I have some photos I took tonight but they are too large...so I will have to post them somewhere tomorrow morning so I can post them here.

Cheers and TGIF!
**** ya thats a worthy investmest!
Psycho.mc, I agree SeattleRider made out on this Deal big Time!!!

Just thought I'd share a lil info on SeattleRiders Worksman Drop Loop Frame Tribute Board Track Racer, Originally the Primary Builder Rick Gilmore had Built this Worksman Tribute Drop Loop Frame Harley Board Track Racer as a Pedal only bike with a non functional Faux V-Twin!

( SEE ATTACHED PHOTO BELOW OF Worksman Drop Loop Frame Tribute Cyclone Board Track Racer )

Here's SeattleRiders Worksman Drop Loop Frame Tribute Harley Board Track Racer if you Look closely at this build & the Cyclone you'll see the non-functional V-TWIN will fit SeattleRiders WDLF-T-HD-BTR, see the motor mount tabs for the FAUX V-TWIN. This modified Worksman is the same platform used when building a Worksman Tribute Excelsior-Henderson only difference is paint & graphics!

[B]Here's a couple more photo's of RICK GILMORES Worksman Industrial News Boy Cruisers & Worksman Industrial M2600 Cruiser, both of these bikes are Modified with the top two Horizontal bars lenghtened 4 to 6" inches and the straight down tube removed and replaced with the 1910 thru 1920's period correct drop Loop down tube added.

Here's the Worksman M2600 Industrial Cruiser modified, as a Worksman Tribute 1910-20's Road Style Build also offered by Rick Gilmore of Seattle, Washington:

Here's Rick's Worksman Tribute Excelsior-Henderson Board Track Racer:

Rick Gilmore is a great & accomplished Artist you can see his Art Work VROOMART.COM.

At this present Time Rick Gilmore is the only person in the USA that I know of who currently offers the Worksman Modified Drop Loop Frame Tribute Builds!!!

C.H.

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle
As I've said before, Rick builds great products and is a great artist...he also is a very honest and trustworthy person. He has told me many times that I should feel free to send his contact info to those that are interested. He doesn't always respond back quickly over email as he prefers the phone and if you want his phone number PM me. Did I mention he is also very reasonable!

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
As I've said before, Rick builds great products and is a great artist...he also is a very honest and trustworthy person. He has told me many times that I should feel free to send his contact info to those that are interested. He doesn't always respond back quickly over email as he prefers the phone and if you want his phone number PM me. Did I mention he is also very reasonable!
Ryan, you said it all about Rick, Great Artist, Great Tribute Board Track Racers that Look as close to an Original as a Professional Artist/Builder, can produce and finally someone who is very reasonable!

C.H.