My obsession with the 2 stroke engine kits

GoldenMotor.com

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I bought my first engine kit 3 1/2 years ago for reasons I had with the law(DWI)....My only option for transportation without a licence was an electric bike or a gas engine kit....The day it came in the mail I put it togeather and went for a long slow ride....Everywere I went heads turned,people honked there horns and waived,every store I stoped at people stoped and asked questions and took pictures....It has still not changed everyday,everywere I go people love my ride....I have had biker railys come through town and see my bike and stare,gawk and ask a hundred questions(but yet they are the ones with the 50.000 or highter choppers)....One group of bikers paid 200 bucks just so I would enter my bike in the show(proceeds went for children)....I love to ride my bike everywere now,but I sure hate the breakdowns....Im aways working on something,but its worth it....

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
These bikes are pretty f-ing reliable if you just build it right the first time!

Once you know all the little things that can cause problems down the road, you just fix those before you ever start the bike.
Make sure the sprocket spins as perfect as possible; Pin the chain tensioner to the frame; Don't use rubber mounts; Don't over torque bolts & so-on...
These are just a few of the things that I know I have to do everytime I build a bike!!

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
These bikes are pretty f-ing reliable if you just build it right the first time!

Once you know all the little things that can cause problems down the road, you just fix those before you ever start the bike.
Make sure the sprocket spins as perfect as possible; Pin the chain tensioner to the frame; Don't use rubber mounts; Don't over torque bolts & so-on...
These are just a few of the things that I know I have to do everytime I build a bike!!
I have done all those things....I have had problems with bent rims broken spokes(fixed that problem by buying a set of 2.125 heavy spoke rims....I have had multiple magneto's go out becouse of cheap design(take a 1968 tractor for instance,it will still be running today and never had a magneto changed)....Ive had blown cylinder gaskets(and the head bolts were torqued to spec)....Ive had 3 motors go bad becouse of the copper bushing on the conneting rod to the piston(that problem is supppostably solved becouse of the needle bearing)....Tons of carb problems,intake gaskets blow(bolts plenty tight)....blown exaust gaskets(again bolts torqued good,but not to much)....
I have never had clutch problems other than a cable break from wear and tear....I still love tinkering with and riding these bikes everday though....I put on the average about 25 miles a day on mine so I guess I have to expect to tighten nuts and bolts here and there on a regular basis....
John.shft.