Welding and engines

GoldenMotor.com

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
What kind of engine? The china girls won't for sure but I wouldn't do it anyway. If you have access to a welder why not make a mount?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
If you really feel the need to weld... just weld plates to the frame & bolt the engine to the plates.
There will come a day when you need to take the engine off!!

generalmyers

Jul 13, 2009
Pasedena, Md
um its a weedeater engine, i dont know what its made of this is the DIY forum and i thought that means absolutely no kits right, well, so, yeah, okay, so i think it might be aluminum though because of what it looks like, when i get a chance i'll take pics because im not home right now but that welding plate idea is a good idea so i'll cut me out some brackets weld them onto the frame and bolt it through if i can get ahold of a welder in time i also wanted to know where a welding shop would be in maryland aside from the school that i go to where i can do my own projects at the school. i know how to mig weld stick weld and use acetelyne(however you spell it) to cut steel. or some one could tell me how to mount an engine, make a jackshaft well do just about everything without welding at all just to let you know i completely took the engine out of the trimmer so whats on it is the carb muffler and clutch i'm gonna use a electric drill to start the engine till i can find a better way to start it i also need to clean the carb i know the engine works because i put a small amount of 2 stroke gas straight in the carb and it started okay for a faew seconds the only problem is the carb also i would like to know how to kill the engine i still have tthe kill switch i just dont know where i would put it on the bike to short out the engine im practically building everything from the ground up so please help also if this drags on too long i will inevitably get 150 dollars for x-mas so i'll buy me an engine kit but it would be a waste because i woulndn't be able to experience actually building everything

generalmyers

Jul 13, 2009
Pasedena, Md
1.to put it short someone is gonna have to tell me how to put a weedeater engine on my bike without any welding --or--

2.tell me where a welding shop is in my state(maryland) --or--

3. tell me how i would make engine brackets and mount on the engine

also when i do get the pics i need someone to estimate how many ccs the engine is

plus this is about the second thread i made and i only got a limited amount of help i need a do it yourself god on my side right about now

Last edited:

generalmyers

Jul 13, 2009
Pasedena, Md
this is a list of all the parts i have that i will use to make my dream bike
1.engine with centrifigal clutch, muffler, carb, ignition system
2.1 bicycle frame
3.1 5 sprocket rear wheel
4.1 front wheel
5.2 10 tooth sprockets from a rear derailure
6.1 pedal crank with 3 sprockets that have not yet been counted though only the big sprocket will be used
7.2 chains
8.1 front brakes
9.1 rear brake
10.1 rear derailure
11.3 brake lines 1 for throttle
12.1 shifter cord
13.1 shifter handle
14.3 break handles 1 for throttle
15.throttle cable
Note: i disassembled 2 bicycles and i am only using some parts from each bike also if there is anything i am missing please tell me i will also upgrade as i go.
i also need to know how to connect the throttle cable to the brake cable.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Sounds to me like you have the know how already . you seem to have all the skills needed . if you do end up putting that motor inside the frame however , save yourself the agony and build a shrowd over that fan blade . because when your leg touches it ( and it will ) its gonna hurt like a bootch