kit didn't come with instructions!?

GoldenMotor.com

JNATE105

May 12, 2009
INDIANA
Hello all...i'm new hear i found this website while searching for a tutorial/instructions for my engine
....all that it came with was, a 4page brochure with a picture diagram that you'd need a magnifying glass to figure out. the only real problem i've had is with my throttle, it kinda sticks...well it doesn't snap back like it's supposed to? and do i have to do anything with the carb before i run the motor? any help would be greatly appreciated!
scratg
thanks,
J

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy J, welcome. Dunno for sure how to answer that. It coming back to idle at all is a good thing. Not sure I have ever had one "snap" back. Is a lot less powered then a say motorcycle throttle return. Really dunno. (big help here,eh? sorry)

some good pics and instructions here. Installing Your Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit

Last edited:

raneyd

Doug in Wyoming
May 16, 2008
Just a thought, I had a similar problem with my throttle and found that the "plastic casting" that the cable winds around had some burrs on it and required me filing them off. Once these were gone it had a smoother return and did not hang up.

I do agree however that the stock throttle does not have a return like a motorcycle throttle.

Good luck with your project, there is a lot of good advice on this site from persons that have seen it all.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Make sure you slide is in the right way around, if you get it in backwards, it can stick. Also, just to be sure, you have the spring in there, right?

On a rare occasion, you have to sand the slide a little if it really sticks.

JNATE105

May 12, 2009
INDIANA
thanks guys! i had another question about the chain...is there a possibility that the chain in the kit was too long?

J

skaz

Jan 27, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The chain was almost definitely too long. Try moving the chain tensioner as far back to the wheel as possible. If there's still too much slack, you're going to have to break the chain.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
If you shorten the chain save the links where you can find them. If you move the kit to a different bike almost always you have to adjust the size of the chain. I lost mine and had to buy a whole new chain.