Newbie Whizzer Owner Questions

GoldenMotor.com

Happy1947

Mar 6, 2016
utah
Hello, Just bought a whizzer off of e-bay and have alot of questions. May have gotten burned, but I always wanted one since I was a kid, some sixty years ago. THe main question is can anyone help me with the year of the schwinn bike frame and the year of the "H" engine? The schwinn bike frame number is "I64780". Everyone says the didn't use an "I" as the first letter, but it surely is an eye. A chicago fire destroyed all schwinn records before 1948. Thinking perhaps they did use the letter "I" prior to 1948 or perhaps it is someting peculiar to a whizzer schwinn frame. The H engine number is H-118652. The attached pictures show the bike, frame #, and engine number. ANother question is where are good sources to buy the older whizzer and schwinn parts? Looking for a side cover for the belt side of the engine. Do the new ones on e-bay fit? Thanks for any help you can provide. Hope I didn't buy off more than I can chew lol,
Happy

Attachments

Last edited:

Happy1947

Mar 6, 2016
utah
sorry, pictures didn't work. they are too big. trying to figure out how to change the size. will repost if i can figure it out.