Intergrated GPS Tracker for Bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Thanks for the link. I've seen the light one a while back, but figured, what if the thief breaks the light off? I mean, if I was a thief, the last thing I'd want is a flashing light to bring attention to me:)

The top cap one would work for me.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The seat post one looks pretty good too. The main thing is no one knows it's there, until you show up with a hot lead ventilator (assuming you're in Texas), but by then it's too late.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I'd probably go seat post, myself. It's still a quickly-stripped part, but better concealment. I've lost rear lights before, they're too easily snapped off.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The main thing is no body expects a bicycle to have a tracker, and you're presumably going to know your bike is moving in minutes if not seconds.

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
Ive been looking at these for a few months now. most likely when I do the 2 gt5 builds this winter for my wife and I both of them will be getting one. Hate to say it but Id love to see the look on some dudes face here in Chicago ( since most the bike thieves I know here are crack heads ) when I showed up on olblue with a big stick in my hand or even with the cops right behind me. even though beating the heck out of them myself would be more fun.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
My main problem is my phone isn't sophisticated enough to work with the tracker. All my friends make fun of it. I guess I would have to upgrade to utilize this tracker properly.

I wonder if it would be possible to use it with a lap top?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I found a problematic limitation with this tracker, at least for my bike. The steering head model requires your steerer tube to be 250 mm or about 9.8" long. Mine is only 8" so it looks like that one won't fit.

The one that's supposed to fit in the seat post apparently isn't on the market yet, and it needs a 350 mm or about 13.75" long seat post. Mine is shorter then that, so it wouldn't fit either.

That only leaves the concealed taillight tracker. That's ok, but it's the easiest one to spot, and remove from the bike. Still it a lot better then none at all, and for only $150 it's pretty cheap insurance.

Last edited: