80cc GT Timberlane...my first build...

GoldenMotor.com

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC
It took me 5 hours to complete but its done and its suprisingly faster than i thought it would be. Pics are a must....

I managed to save the Trek for recreational riding, when I wont to work out, and used this GT instead, a bit heavier but has a good stout frame. I have to say the kit fit like a glove, once I figured out the back tire sprocket issue things went rite together. I started working on the bikes about 10:30 or so this morning. I swapped the front V brakes from the TREK over to the GT for better stopping power. As soon as I was done with that, ding-dong, Here came the engine, got it out the box, ding-dong, heres Andyvilles rear sprocket. Then my helmet came, required by NC law, has to be DOT approved. Its done though and zooms rather nicley. I may post up a video. The looks from all the neighbors was priceless, I loved it....

Thanx go out to Paublo@sick bike parts, Andyville for the awesome 36T sprocket, and the rest of the gang here at MotorBicycling.com.

Billy@HNFTuning

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The motorized GT frame looks great. It took me more than 5 hours just to get the rear sprocket installed right.

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC
The motorized GT frame looks great. It took me more than 5 hours just to get the rear sprocket installed right.
Yeah...it felt like 5 hours when i was doing mine. I cant wait for this engine to break in some, if it runs the way it does now, then its gonna be monster. It honestly feels fast enough for me already though.

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC
Had to use this wire so I got some nerve up and pulled the crappy kit wire out, Works so much better now. I can feel the difference. Definatley worth the time.

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC
I found the adjusment on the throttle cable sux....i had the carb cap all the way out, the adjusters at the grip all the way out and the 90* coming off the throttle out. I couldnt get the throttle tight where the slack was gone. If ive got some slack then the throttle isnt opening as far as it could/should.

Heres what i did to give me more adjustment in the throttle cable...

I pulled the cable from the plunger in the carb, pull the plunger, carb hat, and spring off. Then i took a regular female wire connector and removed the guts from the center. I fed the throttle cable through it and put everything back together like normal. The connector needs to be pushed hard into the adjuster on top of the carb hat. Now I have lots of adjustment and just enough play in the throttle to drop the engine back to idle. Pics show what I did....works good. The connector fits tightly inside the hat's adjuster so it stays put.

The metal cable end will fit rite into it no problems....simple but effective mod.

I also swapped the cheapo tensioner pulley for one from DAX....seems to be really good compared to the one that was supplied with the kit. Worth the money to me.....

I also stripped the TREK down somemore today, raping it of its rear derailor and chain. Its a brand new chain, only has about 3-4 miles on it.

I like the bike, but am still lookin for a top speed of at least 45 mph on a flat, but it kills hills as it is now.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Pablo @ Sick Bike Parts...cost me 30bux. Delivery was really speedy.
I found the filter (4 bucks) itself at an auto parts store that specializes in hot rod parts. The chrome housing can also be found at hot rod parts dealers for about ten bucks. Or try small engine dealers.

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC
hmm... i do a lot of starting and stopping and hill climbing...
Yeah so do I uphill its not bad, but since i never ran the kits 44 tooth and went straight to the 36 I cant say i have something to compare to. i cant complain though. Its gets me exercise and its fun. Everyone has to ask about it, ppl keep telling me to patent and i cant, but I just nod and agree.