Why Chose A 212?

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
He stalled it and could never catch up. That is a major bummer running up against a 200cc was going to be a heck of a line up. Anything can happen. Looks like EZ's 50cc class Morini two stroke was running pretty fast to be right behind the electrics and ahead of a 196cc.!! Should have been a closer race sorry to hear that Scotto:(
EZ's bike was dialed in...impressive thats for sure...sounded great... and Ken can ride...

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hey Goat...Scotto does have a very fast four stroke( he did stall the bike at the start of the race) but then again it makes a lot more power then the Morini it just a handful to ride. I rode my Boxer around the track and really enjoyed it. I had the best time on my china powered Dyno. You may not see me build anymore big motor bikes, I have had my kicks and now its time to move on...
Sorry to hear that you are not making the big bikes anymore? Say it ain't so.:( You made such beautiful machines man !! I followed every build you made. They were state of the art....Still may wanna get a tank from you some day for a Dyno I got. Loved you gas tank on that machine it was top notch(^)

So the big four strokes were caching up on EZ Rider in the corners this time and he was getting his lead back every time in the straight away this time. I gather this from previous footage of watching Luke's cam recordings is my guess.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Im going out and get a 212 for my ambassador....the cvt will work better and be easier to adapt I think...gotta settle on an output pulley size.
So I'm shelving the 99cc for now

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Racienim right up the coast
...if you do deceide to sell it Ill be secondnin line. Scotto wbat are tbe dimensions of tbe honda? And does it have a splash/ slinger for mounting at angle. ( straightbar)

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I dont know about the slinger but people mount them leaning or stood up.....look on that build by culvercity and you can see

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=44022&page=9

Post 89 shows the inside of the motor. This motor will be fine mounted upright; my only concern is spinning this motor past 6000 rpm with a stock rod and flywheel. Then again I am building this to ride to work, kind of got carried away a bit tho...laff

I started this thread due to the fact that everyone was jumping on the wagon or should I say bike to install a 212. My point was its way too much motor and the honeymoon ends quick...I feel the 79cc, 99cc, Honda 120cc and the GC160 are good choices. The KTM clone is another good choice for a two stroke after a clutch swap. The fact that we are evolving and moving away from the kit type is great; the down side is the cost of it.

Any questions???

CCC

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I think it's price that drives them to bigger cubes and no the bigger is better thing.....right now those things are really cheap and if you look at the sites, most are making hopup parts for the 212 instead of the 79-99cc unless you count air cleaners.
the 2008 ambassador im gonna put the 212 on is kinda hefty so I dont think it'll be too much on there and there's a bunch of room

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
I think it's price that drives them to bigger cubes and no the bigger is better thing.....right now those things are really cheap and if you look at the sites, most are making hopup parts for the 212 instead of the 79-99cc unless you count air cleaners.
the 2008 ambassador im gonna put the 212 on is kinda hefty so I dont think it'll be too much on there and there's a bunch of room
Leave room for the 49cc sticker, LMAO.

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Any questions???
I've got one CCC and if you answered it already pardon me, I missed it.
I presume your talking mainly about race bikes here, is that right? Bikes to be used on a closed track and such. But what's your opinion about MABs using this engine on the street since a majority of states have regs in place with definitions something around a 2HP/50cc limit?

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
connecticut....bicycle with helper motor under 5hp and has a min seat height of whatever it takes to keep pocket rockets home......if I detuned wold you be "Happy"dnut

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
I started this thread due to the fact that everyone was jumping on the wagon or should I say bike to install a 212. My point was its way too much motor and the honeymoon ends quick...I feel the 79cc, 99cc, Honda 120cc and the GC160 are good choices. The KTM clone is another good choice for a two stroke after a clutch swap.
I'll start off by saying, if I wanted my bike to go as fast enough to go on the freeway I'll just jump on my Honda CBR600RR and just go 180 mph...
I had the 212cc and after seeing 3 friends that I know including CCC's son with a broken ankle (all at the same time), I decided to down size to a smaller engine. I now have the GX120 and it's a bit smaller (not by much) and a bit lighter than the 212cc but cost 3x the amount of the Predator. In fact we did some bike frame mods and I wouldnt be surprised if my laps times are similar than the 212cc.
If I ever get around to building a bike to cruise around the neighborhood then I'd get the 79cc...

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I'll start off by saying, if I wanted my bike to go as fast enough to go on the freeway I'll just jump on my Honda CBR600RR and just go 180 mph...
I had the 212cc and after seeing 3 friends that I know including CCC's son with a broken ankle (all at the same time), I decided to down size to a smaller engine. I now have the GX120 and it's a bit smaller (not by much) and a bit lighter than the 212cc but cost 3x the amount of the Predator. In fact we did some bike frame mods and I wouldnt be surprised if my laps times are similar than the 212cc.
If I ever get around to building a bike to cruise around the neighborhood then I'd get the 79cc...
If engine size was in any way part of the cause of the busted ankles you'ld be best to scrap the cbr600 too??