Help with new titan

GoldenMotor.com

Len455

Mar 11, 2012
Phoenix az
I got a brand new titan and a dax friction kit and so far im loving it. Its much faster than my china girl. The only issue is its hard to start. I can start it realy easy by giving it some throttle but then it engages the clutch. The main problem is how easy the clutch engages. If i could make it engage a little higher i wouldnt have an issue. If someone could tell me how to do this or give me another solution it would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks.

-ben

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
I got a brand new titan and a dax friction kit and so far im loving it. Its much faster than my china girl. The only issue is its hard to start. I can start it realy easy by giving it some throttle but then it engages the clutch. The main problem is how easy the clutch engages. If i could make it engage a little higher i wouldnt have an issue. If someone could tell me how to do this or give me another solution it would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks.

-ben
Have you tried using the choke when starting?

With the Titan and Hausheng, you have to pull the starter with several short pulls before giving it a full pull. Make sure you can feel the starter pawl engage before giving a full pull. There will be some resistance. If you go to far, just give it several small pulls and stop when you start to feel the resistance.

You might have to adjust your throttle adjustment. It might be set too low at idle.

You could use higher engaging clutch. Staton makes a clutch for the Titan/Hausheng that engages at 3,000 Rpm.
http://www.staton-inc.com/store/pro...3_000_Shandong_Huasheng_Zhongtian-1676-0.html

You could lighten your clutch, causing it to engage at a higher Rpm. Check with the Pocket Bike forum for tips on how to lighten your clutch. be aware you may cause more headache with a slipping clutch than what's it worth.

I would contact Wayne for suggestions before making any clutch modifications. He is very helpful.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Sometimes the kit centrifugal clutches are a little loose; some have weaker springs than they should. Worst-case, replace the clutch. But,

Full choke, 2 or 3 slow pulls, then a full pull should start the engine immediately. No throttle should be needed.
If not then you need to double-check carb settings and the killswitch+ground. If there are still problems, check the coil air gap behind the main shroud. Should be .016"
The engine should idle at 1800-2000 - if the clutch is engaging at 2000, it's weak.

Len455

Mar 11, 2012
Phoenix az
Well I think its engaging much lower than 2000, maybe more like 1500. It's idles super super low. But I finally got it to work this morning well. I tried the 2 slow pulls then a faster one and it worked well. But for some reason the clutch was engaging much better this morning and I was able to turn up the idle so it wouldn't stall. Now the only issue I have left is my twist throttle is to short so if I make a left hand turn it pull the throttle so I have been riding without one and pulling the carb with my finger. Is there a throttle that is longer that will fit?cvlt1

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Len,
You can use a standard bike brake cable for the throttle. They come in many lengths and even Wally World has them.

Tom

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
Well I think its engaging much lower than 2000, maybe more like 1500. It's idles super super low. But I finally got it to work this morning well. I tried the 2 slow pulls then a faster one and it worked well. But for some reason the clutch was engaging much better this morning and I was able to turn up the idle so it wouldn't stall. Now the only issue I have left is my twist throttle is to short so if I make a left hand turn it pull the throttle so I have been riding without one and pulling the carb with my finger. Is there a throttle that is longer that will fit?cvlt1
go to home depot or some supply store and get springs for it its trial and error.. mine engage just after 2000 rpm and i idle at 1600 worked fine ever since took alittle effort but worth it

Len455

Mar 11, 2012
Phoenix az
Sorry I haven't replied. All is well and the runs great. Starts on first pull now even in the cold. Thanks for everyone's help