OCC's first build (ocean county cruisers)

GoldenMotor.com

highfuel90

May 1, 2012
bayville
The "Blue Baron" Build

Jeff junior designs here with our first build. Recently went to Thailand where I realized the importance of cheap easy wheels. I vowed to myself that I would get a moped coming back home but realized this is better!

usflg GOD BLESS AMERICAAAAAH.

Last edited:

highfuel90

May 1, 2012
bayville
been slaving away. The Blue Baron is a time consumer. The bike of choice is alot sturdier than most "walmart bikes". Murray made in USA. She is as old as me and im fine with that.

Waiting on new rims and MSD sparkplug. zpt

Len455

Mar 11, 2012
Phoenix az
Nice build, very clean and i like the step thru frame. But do you have any issues with the gas tank being so low?

-ben

highfuel90

May 1, 2012
bayville
Nice build, very clean and i like the step thru frame. But do you have any issues with the gas tank being so low?

-ben
I was going for more of a "moped" style. The tank can only be filled to the petcock. So its more of a 1/4 gallon tank. Still, that can take me far.

Got my wheel-master rims in. I realized the CB-110E coaster is the EXACT same one of my bike! If its not broke don't fix. it its hard to believe bike technology hasn't changed in 25 years. Breaking scared the life out of me. My old tired CB-110E coaster had horrible breaking power. My new one skids the rear tire going 22mph.

highfuel90

May 1, 2012
bayville
Hey everyone, I just got back from a real cruise... 15 mile journey for an over all 30 miles round trip! Had the time of my life cruisin' on the old blue baron. Here's an update.

Trim!

New 26x1.92 tire with Flakjacket (kevlar lined)

Very impressed with the China doll as she reaches 500 miles. .xx.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
That's a very clever build. it proves that you can make a cool motorbike from all types of bike frames, The paint reminds me of a Bultaco. It's all in the details.

highfuel90

May 1, 2012
bayville
Thanks guys! I'm glad the details didn't go to waste! I did a ton to the bike I just didn't document it well. After restoring cars this seems like a cake walk. I tell you, these little things can be so much fun. I recently took her to the dirt-bike trails with high sugar sand content. She really preformed, especially when I mistook a dirt-bike jump for a mound.

The paint is very similar to a Bultaco with the yellow highlights. I never realized until now!

highfuel90

May 1, 2012
bayville

UPDATE! Drove her 50 miles today in in rain through dusty trails to highway roads. Ran GREAT!
Prior to this run I bent the frame by going off another jump. All fixed and a sprocket hub adapter was installed. Updates soon.

Last edited:

highfuel90

May 1, 2012
bayville
Hello everyone! Here's some updates! Where to start, where to end....
I went to V.A. last September to help a buddy of mine (moongoose is his forum name) Being that I've started a very small business building these, I figured what the ****. I love a good trail rump and a cruise down the old road, and a buddy to join with is the more the merrier. Here's some pics:

All I have to say, is after all the break downs, after all the bs these things present, in the end of the day, they are worth it.

Since than i've installed a 12v front led lighting system(inside classy vintage housing) that runs off the engine (via magneto). It works amazing, and I have a vintage rear running light that runs off 2 massive D cell batteries that power a tiny 1.2 volt led E bulb. Basically the batteries will last as long as the bike.

In addition to a 36 tooth sprocket and HUB adapter for NJ cruisin'/easy trail ridin'. It did more than enough in the hilly area of V.A. to prove itself to me.

Keep ridin' fellow brethren. xct2

Last edited: