Help with 4 stroke rack mount decision

GoldenMotor.com

Len455

Mar 11, 2012
Phoenix az
Hello all, im new to rack mounts and 4 strokes but i had a ht for a while and after about 3000 miles she finaly quit on me. Now that i need a new one i realy want this for simplicity and reliability and just wanted to know some more detail. Anything is welcome such as were to buy, what i will need etc. Im already thinking about the dax titan and his rack mount but have no clue if i would need more parts or what. If i could i think i would prefer a belt drive but because i live in az and we dont get much rain a friction would work well. Thanks all!

-Ben
cvlt1

jliveit

Sep 10, 2012
California
My friend has the dax Titan with the rear friction kit and it's one of the best and most overlooked setups out there. The engine is super powerful and reliable and I would recommend it to anyone. The engine really hauls. His tops out at around 40 mph. It also gets great mpg. Around 130 mpg and he rides it 10 miles everyday to work and all he has to do is change the oil once a month or so. If you get the rack and the engine that is all you need to set it up. It's the most reliable hassle free design out there. It takes very little time to mount everything. I would only recommend getting a larger gas tank

Len455

Mar 11, 2012
Phoenix az
Wow i couldnt have heard any better! He realy hits 40?!? I think im going to have to get it now if its that good... Thanks alot. If any one else has any other ideas they are very much welcome.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
the golden eagle gets my vote if you buy the engine and mount separately you will save some money .

pros super easy to set up
never had a problem with mine which is why IM getting a second one
no guess work with parts or something cheap breaking.

cons pricey in comparison to everything else
limited range gas tank is very small .