Impractical for most, inspirational for all

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
There is a YouTube video of a little party/get together to celebrate the finish of the bike. They start it up and everything. Those guys have serious skill to say the least.

I've also seen the guy that built it in other videos teaching others to make frames. Would be cool to be taught by someone so skillful.

What blew me away just as much as the finished bike was the builders age, he only looks to be mid to late 30's.

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi.. That bike is my inspiration for the project I'm doing..Excelsior v twin....His workshop skills are phenomal.....and the finished bike mind blowing...
But he has his knockers as well...using a Harley flywheel and cracks.. as well as lightweight modern pistons...and the green paint doesn't match the original color....who cares..shure looks like eye candy to me...DD

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
Hi.. That bike is my inspiration for the project I'm doing..Excelsior v twin....His workshop skills are phenomal.....and the finished bike mind blowing...
But he has his knockers as well...using a Harley flywheel and cranks.. as well as lightweight modern pistons...and the green paint doesn't match the original color....who cares..sure looks like eye candy to me...DD
DareDevil, I just want you to know that I didn't start this thread to incite comparison to your build, or to distract anyone from following it.

I was impressed by the guy's solutions to the problems he encountered along the way. The reason for posting the link was the hope that someone here might be able to use an idea or two from his project to solve a problem they were having.

Your build stands on it's own and is every bit as impressive. A lot of us here don't have ready access to the tools and machining equipment to build on your level, but we're inspired by your work none the less.

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi ...MHF...I would have never had thought of it that way..""incite comparison to you build""..sorry if it comes over that way...the Flashback build would be inspirational to any one who likes BTR's...I have wanted to build one of these for many years and just didn't get around to it....finding this site and seeing the fantastic work being done here made me sign up and get on with a build...there are a lot of great people here and the last thing I would do is upset anybody ....DD