Yamaha/Moon Dog Hybrid

GoldenMotor.com

brucemg51

Jul 10, 2008
Seat is from a 1977 Yamaha 650. Much more comfortable than the original bicycle seat. I like it. My wife says it looks weird. What do you think?

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hey, I had the same ideal for a dirt bike seat that I have but my GF said it looked stupid rotfl

I want to switch out the stock tank with a dirt bike tank and the seat would ride half way up the seat.

I did not think it looked that bad but I dont think she can envision how it would look when it's done right.

If it's comfortable, and you like it, who cares what others say :)

I say go with it, I like it :D

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
Seat is from a 1977 Yamaha 650. Much more comfortable than the original bicycle seat. I like it. My wife says it looks weird. What do you think?
It looks a little odd... but making up a wooden fairing around the fuel tank would solve that... my question is can it be ridden two up?... that would be fun :)

Incidentally has anyone ridden their MB two up (ie on a double seat) and how well do they perform like that?

Jemma xx

brucemg51

Jul 10, 2008
It looks a little odd... but making up a wooden fairing around the fuel tank would solve that... my question is can it be ridden two up?... that would be fun :)

Incidentally has anyone ridden their MB two up (ie on a double seat) and how well do they perform like that?

Jemma xx
I've got plenty of old Yamaha foot pegs. It would be easy enough to mount a couple on the frame, then we could ride two up. Don't expect we'd get up any steep hills, but that's okay, it'd still be fun.
Wooden fairing around the fuel tank? Any pics of one?
Also, you'll see I've done away completely with the bicycle chain and crankset. Much less complicated and much more easily adjusted this way. The pedals are used so little, they aren't worth the trouble, that is until I'm stuck partway up a hill. Well, life is full of trade-offs, isn't it?
Also, I have a Yamaha fuel tank. I thought about adding that as well. That might complete the look.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Now that is quality work aussiejester!

To the OP- I think if you were to take a second person for a ride on an already overstressed bike, you have a few screws loose.

brucemg51

Jul 10, 2008
Better watch your backside. If the big oil companies get wind of what you're up to, you could suddenly disappear, along with your creation. :eek:

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
Deep in the American South
that seat is not my style, but i certainly don't see anything wrong with it, and hey, it doubles as a fender!

yeah, you've moved beyond the motored bicycle aspect of the ride, so why shouldn't it lean more toward the motorcycle look?