questions about modifying exhaust

GoldenMotor.com

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
hey everyone. I just bought a new muffler and it doesn't quite fit my bike. the flange is the same size but its got a funny angle to it. so I have an idea of how to make it fit but I need some opinions. I don't have access to a welder so here is my solution. I'm going to the auto parts store tonight to pick up some exhaust wrap and hose clamps. I have a section of heater hose. it isn't the right size to fit my header but I have another idea for it. so I'm going to grind the flange off the new muffler and cut the header off the stock muffler. jam the stock header into the new pipes header. wrap with exhaust wrap. then take two sections of heater hose and position them over top of the exhaust wrap. then hose clamp everything together. if anyone has trouble understanding what I'm saying please ask. also please tell me if its a bad idea and why.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
some have posted that they helped the mid range power by lenthing the head pipe before the muffler, as for your idea it should work if you add a brace to keep everything in place.