Sprocket rubber

GoldenMotor.com

Mjkx8

Jun 22, 2011
United States
Hey guys so I got my kit today and started right away. Now i got a 5 piece sprocket kit and it came with rubber rings, the instruction manual says that you may need to use the rubber to align the chain with motor. I did not put on the rubber rings because it would have thrown the chain way off alignment with the motor. I'm just wondering, is that a bad thing? Is the rubber absolutely necessary or can you get by with out them?

PS. putting that sprocket on was such a *****, I really hope I don't have to take it off. AHHH
Thanks guys

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho
Hey guys so I got my kit today and started right away. Now i got a 5 piece sprocket kit and it came with rubber rings, the instruction manual says that you may need to use the rubber to align the chain with motor. I did not put on the rubber rings because it would have thrown the chain way off alignment with the motor. I'm just wondering, is that a bad thing? Is the rubber absolutely necessary or can you get by with out them?

PS. putting that sprocket on was such a *****, I really hope I don't have to take it off. AHHH
Thanks guys
Those rubber rings are supposed to help you bolt that sprocket to the spokes securely. the sprocket itself is supposed to be flush on the bearing housing on the hub. I suspect that you'll damage the spokes with the torque from the engine if you don't use them. Show us some pictures illustrate where you are having difficulty in attaching that sprocket and possibly give tips on alignment.