my 1st 26cc bmx build

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Good luck with your build looks like you are on the right track. good luck with it. I have that same type mounting situcation on the 3.5HP bike I just built. I wish I had done mine a little differently. If it survive a little Longer I might pull it down and redo the mount. Anyway good luck and you seem to have it moving along.

sscustoms

Mar 13, 2011
australia
Good luck with your build looks like you are on the right track. good luck with it. I have that same type mounting situcation on the 3.5HP bike I just built. I wish I had done mine a little differently. If it survive a little Longer I might pull it down and redo the mount. Anyway good luck and you seem to have it moving along.
cheers d ,yeah still needs some work ,i have to build the spindle ,throttle hook up , build the air filter housing, but its coming along i was stuck for a minute didnt no which way the engine spins like you said some spin in the opp direction but i figured it out, im mounting the engine on the left ,should be getting some more done this week
cheers sam

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
What I build these days is a rectangular frame with angle iron like a bed frame. On one end I put a henge which I bolt and weld to the bike frame after I have it on the rectangle frame. The motor goes on one side and a spring and turn buckle goes on the other. The tension is from the spring and turnbuckle thing. It also holds the motor pretty level singe the tension is on the off side frame. The weight of the motor is a counter balance.

I am also using a piece of chain link fence end bar as a clutch link. as a lever pulls the ling forward it lifts the frame which lifts the engine clear of the tire. Works real nice.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Okay if you close the throttle and put on the brakes, that engine will just die. No harm no foul. You can make a lift system to get the motor off the wheel, so that it will continue to idle at the stop lights. Then if you want to kill the motor for some reason, flip it to full choke. If you leave the kill switch on the motor, you can throttle down and lift the motor turn around and use the kill switch on the motor. I have never put a kill switch on the bike. The choke or lock the wheels is how I kill the bumble bee, and the BAM bike has the kill swtich still on the motor.

Good luck.

sscustoms

Mar 13, 2011
australia
Okay if you close the throttle and put on the brakes, that engine will just die. No harm no foul. You can make a lift system to get the motor off the wheel, so that it will continue to idle at the stop lights. Then if you want to kill the motor for some reason, flip it to full choke. If you leave the kill switch on the motor, you can throttle down and lift the motor turn around and use the kill switch on the motor. I have never put a kill switch on the bike. The choke or lock the wheels is how I kill the bumble bee, and the BAM bike has the kill swtich still on the motor.

Good luck.
yeah prob would of been the way to go ,who no maybe if u build another one i can go with a tilt system ,as for stopping at the light here in australia you would prob get cought by the cops and fined ,but i just plan on riding up and down my lane

cheers samauflg

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
The Bumble Bike set up originally had a steel ring the stayed on the clutch side hand grip. You pulled in the clutch and slipped the ring over the lever if you wanted to pedal or have the bike idle for an extended period. Suppose there are other ways to do it but that was simple and effective. Just some info.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I did not know that... I just make a scissor henge, then a rod to pull the henge forward to lift it up. That works great and it is pretty much the same idea as a cable and ring. I love the bikes to be old and beat up to begin with, so that when I butcher them, I don't feel that I am throwing a large amount of money in the trash. Same with the motors. I get bored with what I build rather quickly.

Back to the thread. Be very very careful that you don't run out of gas if you do not have a lift provision or a clutch. Pulling that motor around without gas will lock it up. I had a nice sears craftsman that I did that to.