help high idle

GoldenMotor.com

GothTech

Apr 16, 2010
ga
iv got a small problem i cant seem to find the answer to i just replaced my gas line on my bike now that i changed out the gas line for new...now when i pull the clutch it over idles like some it got there hand on the throdler cable when i let off the clutch it works find i dont know what is happening ?????

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Check for air leaks. A air leak will raise it to a high idle. Also pull the filter off the carb and study the throttle. That barrel you can see with the filter off may be sticking. I think you have an air leak. Reseal your carb and manifold with some rtv sealant.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Did you change ANYTHING else besides the fuel line? Did the carburetor move when you were installing it? How was the carb sealed to the manifold before you changed the fuel line. If you read the lable you'll find that most RTV, silicone based products are not compatible with gasoline. Gas will eventually eat them and then you have an air leak where the carburetor attaches to the intake manifold. Look for a product that is gasoline compatible such as SealAll, available at most auto parts stores. As GoatHerder said, your symptoms are those of an air leak in the intake system. Also make sure the carb slide (barrel) is moving smoothly and fully returning to the idle position when you release the twist grip. Kinks in the throttle cable can cause the slide to stick also.
Tom

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Last edited:

GothTech

Apr 16, 2010
ga
iv got one more thing when i let go of the throll the bike keeps moving so its got to be something in the line or the card ill check both tomorrow:-||

GothTech

Apr 16, 2010
ga
in fact i have done that and its doing its like the throll cable is sticking when i know its not

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
if you're bike still wants to roll with the clutch pulled in, then the cable is definitely too loose. fuel and throttle wouldn't affect that at all.

and i agree about the air leak. sometimes you have to jam the fuel line on the carb, and it'd be easy to jostle the carb enough to loosen it up.

GothTech

Apr 16, 2010
ga
its not the cluch man it wasnt pulled in its when i released it when it would still go i fixed the problem it was the the pipe from the card to the motor the seal on the pipe to the motor wasnt sealed right