Peddling & peddling & peddling!!!

GoldenMotor.com

SchwinnRider72

Apr 28, 2010
Paso Robles CA.
Thanks for reading!!! I peddle my bike to get it started. I let engage the clutch & the bike won't start. After a few minutes of peddling & engaging the clutch the bike finally turns over. It's taking longer & longer to start the bike. I'm a total newbie at this so any info would be appreciated.

I have one of the cheapie engines you get from boygofast.com. Anywho, thanks for the read!!!cvlt1

SchwinnRider72

Apr 28, 2010
Paso Robles CA.
Thank you!!! Plug was fouled. Cleaned & put back. Filter looks good. Seems like a clutch problem. I need to know how to do the adjustment on the thing. Any recommendations?

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
I have found the same prob with the boy go fast engine.heres how to adjust cutch

1. Remove screws holding gear cover and remove cover

2. use some zip ties to hold clutch lever in the completely engageded position

3. remove the phillips keeper screw from the "flower"nut

4. turn flower nut by finger until it tightens.

5. replace locking screw

6. remove zip ty

7. check for good engagement by releasing clutch and attempting to roll bike there should be tons of resistance on rear wheel it should roll 1 to three inches forward and lock due to engine compression.

8. Put a pea sized dab of grease on the mating surface of the small and large gear.

9. Replace Cover and ride

I have found that the clutch on the BGF engine seems to need adjustment a lot. my Skyhawk was cherry out the box the BGF had a clutch that was movable by hand out the box. I hate to rag on BGF but for a little more there are better

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
nogig, on the BGF
there is a thread on this site that tells how to adjust the clutch tention through the hole of the thing that the clutch cable go'es through,I think either Jim ,Manic Mech or Norm told how

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
nogig, on the BGF
there is a thread on this site that tells how to adjust the clutch tention through the hole of the thing that the clutch cable go'es through,I think either Jim ,Manic Mech or Norm told how
I was more or less speaking of the flower nut being poorly adjusted from the factory. And the possibility of the pucks being of lower quality if thats possible. Also the rider of the BGF kit slips the clutch to much(but hey hes only 15 and when he breaks something I teach him once how to fix it and I'm done)

SchwinnRider72

Apr 28, 2010
Paso Robles CA.
Thank you all for your replying. Now I can't get the piece that the clutch puck assembly mounts to off the bike for clutch reassemle. Anyone know how to get that off. Mine seems stubborn.

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
Your trying to remove the whole bevel wheel? You need a puller for that... BGF usually sends them with the kit, it's a little black round thing that's threaded on the outside. Screw it in the center of the wheel as hard as possible, and then tighten the inner bolt as hard as possible and it will pop off.

But... you shouldn't need to remove that to adjust the clutch. If they're worn, they actually sell the pucks separately if you look hard enough. Just make sure you get round or square ones to match what you've got.

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Are you trying to remove the large wheel that has all the holes for the pucks?.....Or the cover plate with the flower shaped nut in the center?

TheRealDeal

May 22, 2010
Orlando Fl
Ok i am haveing the same problem.... i replaced the spark plug. and can get the bike to start but it seems like i have to peddle forever to get it started.. i am unfortunatly not a mechanical person, Is there any place anyone knows of In Orlando FL to get these bikes worked on....??? please help mee