This one's just for fun...well, a little educational too.

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
One of mine is an 80s vintage Roadmaster. When it was built I was divorced, recently relocated to Colorado, living alone with my dog working for York-Borg Warner and building hot rods.
The other two are Schwinn Jaguars, both built in the last couple of years. One of my engines, an early Chris Hill, is older than my newest Jag.
Tom

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I was in 8th grade, getting my ass kicked every day by the school bullies, trying to find enough food to subsist on and dreaming of better days.... 1976

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I was having some slow days at work and surfing the net, trying to find the perfect bike for the build in my head. 2009

This year, I am still having some slow days at work(good job) and surfing this site along with looking for add ons for my newly aquired travel trailer. I had to get the trailer to haul my bike to different places around the country. Look out Dan!

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'm not really building anything now and the ones I had built are gone. Coming up is a 34 Elgin and that's too old even for me, so I'll pick the 50 Panther I'll be working on this summer. I was five years old and into cowboys and Indians arm wrestling myself over which one to be, so I went back and forth wearing myself out over which is best cap guns or bows and arrows?. I finally chose Indians as you may have guessed. At the time I lived in Ottumwa, Iowa the supposed home of Radar O'Riley of Mash fame. I already did not like school but had not yet gone awol saving that for the second grade and the beginning of a long and glorious career as a truant. Even at five I was a daydreamer and liked things with wheels. I had a large tricycle which was chain driven and was so beefy that another kid could stand on the back little platform deal and ride along with hands on my shoulders. It was maroon and weighed a ton. In those days they didn't have little bicycles. You went from a little tricycle to a serious monster one and then a regular bike. As I recall five wasn't all that great being wimpy and short and not knowing much. Plus I had to go to kindergarten. Life is hard even when you're just a couple feet tall. It's much better now 'cause I get to have a motorbike. Might get another tricycle in a couple years, come to think of it, buy no more kindergarten and the trike (maroon) has to have a motor like 2door's!
SB

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
All my bikes are built from so many donor bikes that I don't have a clue. Some of the frames are built from pieces of five different bikes of all ages.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Since it is a 1952 model, My dad was still running around the farm in diapers! Not old enough to get out of the crib by himself. I wouldn't be here for another 20 years!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
O.K., here's another one (past build) 1965 Western Flyer.

I was four, LBJ was prez, the Viet Nam war was in full swing, and we were living in a house on 12 acres that cost 12,000 dollars.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Well, BarelyAWakes bike and I were born the same year. My 1952 Monark and I took a lot of years to find each other but in that year we moved north in Ontario and since it was a tourist area we got to see all the kids from the US with thier Schwinns and Monarks and all the other ballon tired bikes that we didn't get.
Canada had the British styled 3 speed skinny tired bike made by CCM or mabe Raleigh if your parents had money.

Now I have the bike, I wish I could go back to 1952 and show the kids in town.

Steve.

Last edited: