Schwinn Vintage Board Tracker

GoldenMotor.com

LAboy

Nov 28, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
You did a very good andclean job! I want to start the same project ...
Sure will have some questions for you. Can you PM me how much is gas tank?
Thanks!

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I need to update this thread, as the bike has changed somewhat from the pictures. I am currently building three more tanks with two being spoken for already. These tanks will fit the Schwinn Panther or straightbar type frame. The tank you see in these pictures will be available in about a week. LAboy or Silverbear if you need a tank, specifically the one shown in my pictures you can email me to discuss. I can let this tank go for a very reasonable price.

cracca602

Oct 29, 2009
maine
ur build is dope...i have a 1952 schwinn pretty rusted out but im currently runnin an 80cc on achromed out lowrider until i get my schwinn sandblasted and painted. good luck man

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
My bike has been slowly changing and just getting dialed in. Here is a more current photo.

Last edited:

KVC_customz

Feb 22, 2010
hollister
Schwinn Vintage Board Tracker (Latest Upgrades)

Pat,
thanks for making me one of your intakes! All your upgrades so far have made such a big difference in my ride.
You really need to post a pic of all your goodies you have created so far so the world knows what your up to!

Boy we are so lucky to have you here ine the West Coast!

Attachments

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
The power evolution on my bike has been quite a transition, the latest addition has been one of Pat's Typhoon intakes and I must say I have awaken the demons inside my little china doll. My quest for power came in three stages:

Stage 1:
CNS carb. By itself, no big increase here, but I gave my bike the potential for what was to come...

Stage 2:
1: Deck the head 0.035" (doesn't sound like much, but you'd be surprised)
2: Expansion Chamber, modified with one of Pat's port matched flanges. These pipe don't fit out of the box, but we cut off of the stock flange and welded on the port matched flange. Perfect port match with no grinding.

Stage 2 was done at Pat's place and it totally transformed my bike. It suddenly had real power. We followed our tuning session with our burn-out session. But there was more power lurking inside...

Stage 3:
One of Pat's Typhoon Intakes.

To say the intake helped tap the inner beast is an understatement, my bike totally rips now! The engine runs so smooth and has so much more power. It idles great, has tons of midrange power, and the bike just buzzes at the top end, there were no negatives to the mods. Anyone that wants to wake up their bikes should seriously consider doing the same.

Stage 3b:
More mods? Yep, but this time, the power is free. With all the mods I've done, the bike has so much more top end potential that I find myself up in the upper RPM range for extended runs.

I have found that motor aligment is absolutely critical, poor alignment allows vibration to set in and it just robs your bike of power.

After my stage 3 mods I could feel that vibration at high RPM and after a ride, I noticed my motor was torqued over a bit (always to the left). I straightened her out and went for a ride. The vibration is gone and with it the power was unleased.

The bike is silky smooth, revs to the moon and makes so much more power. It is simply unreal. These new manifolds are freakin awesome!