Someone please buy this engine!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Wow, I like it thanks for sharing the information diegom anytime you find an awesome vintage motor or complete bike by all means share it with us here in the forum!

I really appreciate you sharing with us your finds in Europe.

Danke schön or grazie.

Capisce?

diegom

Nov 19, 2009
Cagliari, Italy
y'know, i might be trying to buy that motor, and then you come along and advertise it, thereby driving the price up.

but i'm not. trying to buy it, i mean. but if i was...
I thought forums were all about sharing and collaborating, not being the secretive little sour widow spying neighbours from behind the curtains, plotting schemes and being envious and selfish...

if you were trying to buy that motor, post here saying so and asking other members to please refrain from entering in a bid-war with you. I'm sure that, if you've earned the community respect, 99.9% of the people here would just do that in fairness to you.

at least that's how it works on all the many many mailing lists and forums I'm on and I've been on for the past 12 or 13 years. where we talk about old cars and bikes, and were parts and bits can be 10x more expensive and rare than these little things here.

my 2 (euro)cents

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I thought forums were all about sharing and collaborating, not being the secretive little sour widow spying neighbours from behind the curtains, plotting schemes and being envious and selfish...

if you were trying to buy that motor, post here saying so and asking other members to please refrain from entering in a bid-war with you. I'm sure that, if you've earned the community respect, 99.9% of the people here would just do that in fairness to you.

at least that's how it works on all the many many mailing lists and forums I'm on and I've been on for the past 12 or 13 years. where we talk about old cars and bikes, and were parts and bits can be 10x more expensive and rare than these little things here.

my 2 (euro)cents
It is, tis'nt, mebbe & tru ;)

Thanks for the heads up :D

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i was kidding. more or less.

this actually happened to me, though. i was watching an item that was mis-catagorized with almost no views, no bids, and then the last day someone posted it on a forum for classic bikes, and within an hour there was 10 bids on it. and i lost.

but in your case, i was joking. you actually helped me out, but i can't tell you why just yet.

diegom

Nov 19, 2009
Cagliari, Italy
Guys, did you read the details of the harley motor?
yeah right, if that's an Harley engine I'm Angelina Jolie... :) it's a CYCLEMOTOR engine...

It is NOT complete.
there's a broken fin (easily made and welded up since it's the top one) and alledgedly "a broken piece missing from the cast exhaust flange" which I don't understand what it is...

in any case, with all the welding and metal fabrication skills shown by all the builds on this forum, it certainly doesn't look anything worth being worried about... :)

professor, hang around on some vintage motorcycle restoration forums for a couple of weeks and you'll have a totally different perspective on what "NOT COMPLETE" really means!!

ciao