Here's a car I've never seen before!

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
This was parked in front of the bar @ Venice beach last weekend.
It's a Nissan Figaro, right hand drive for use in Japan. I'm guessing that it's a mid 90s model??
There was a full custom street rod that was parked a few spaces down that was getting attention all day, but when this pulled up, it got all the attention!!!

Anyways... This was just so kewl that I had to show you guys!

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I remember when they called them Datsuns, because nissan sounded 'too Japanese'....
guess it was too soon after Pearl Harbor ;)
I also remember leaning on the roof of a 240Z when I was like 13-14 (1973-74)...and denting it, because the metal was so thin !!!

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
yup, they were never imported new to the US, and were only sold in Japan. but a few have gotten inported.. 20,000 were built and sold in 1991, the only production year

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
wasnt there a russian car with a similar roof line. The windows lifted up with latches like on a storm window I believe.

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
I know that citron is not russian but they maybe it.
I know, but with the 2CV's build quality. it could be russian lol.. it's the only car I can think of with that type window, and the earlier 2CV's just had sliding windows ( split in 1/2 ) that slid back and forth to open. like the old Crosleys did

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
matt167, spent most of my life messing around with old cars since I was 13. Met a lot of guys who were characters and one was Hans.

I was building a VW based dune buggy at the time and went to get a disc brake front end he had and when I got there he was sticking butt first out of a Mercedes that was on axle stands and as I looked past him all I could see was a mess of wires hanging down like a mass of coloured spaggetti, from the steering wheel.

Hans could swear in about 6 different languages and they were getting a full work out as I walked up. With out looking to see who it was all I could hear was a muffled "only a F''n square head and an f'n frenchman could built crap like this."

I just got back in my truck and went home. No front end that day.

Since I have had a wild desire for foreign cars over the years I knew what he meant,
but these cars weren't meant to go the distance we ask of them.

My niece is in Germany going to school and is amazed at how small the country is, and how close the towns and cities are compared to here.
There a 500 mile drive puts you through 4 different countries at least.

Steve.

Last edited: