brake cleaner can muffler

GoldenMotor.com

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
I was bored last night, finished off a can of brake cleaner, using it clean off some oil on the floor, then it came to me. I always just throw the can away, and never think anything of it. Well, I decided to bust out the 80amp Mig, and see if it would take to my home-made pipe for my 5hp Briggs, and it did. Quieted it down a lot too (Neighbors can't stand how loud it is) All I did was pry off the top of the can (where the spray button is), and cut 4 slits in it. Jammed the pipe on, beat it, welded it, drilled it, painted it, and wah lah. Don't know if this belongs here, but I figured the same can be done with the 2 stroke engines as well..

Attachments

Evan

Dec 6, 2009
Mount Vernon, WA
I was bored last night, finished off a can of brake cleaner, using it clean off some oil on the floor, then it came to me. I always just throw the can away, and never think anything of it. Well, I decided to bust out the 80amp Mig, and see if it would take to my home-made pipe for my 5hp Briggs, and it did. Quieted it down a lot too (Neighbors can't stand how loud it is) All I did was pry off the top of the can (where the spray button is), and cut 4 slits in it. Jammed the pipe on, beat it, welded it, drilled it, painted it, and wah lah. Don't know if this belongs here, but I figured the same can be done with the 2 stroke engines as well..
Nice one........The force is definitly with you . I gotta learn how to weld

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
That is a cool way to make some charge piping. I almost boosted my last 2 crx's, but I wanted my car to be reliable since I drove it at least 60 miles a day. I now just have a crx w B16, ITR Cams, Tanabe Exhaust, Tein's etc, etc

Attachments