No spark

GoldenMotor.com

cigron

Nov 18, 2009
wormleysburg pa
I have 48 cc grubee with about 700 miles on it.I was going up a step hill it bogged down so I
got off and walked up the hill.Then it would not start:-||I had alot of hills from their to my house
ever time I got it going real good about 20mph it would start when I got back on flat ground
it would slowy bog down and quit. That was yesterday.To day I checked it there is no spark
does any one would no the ohm value fo the components. Im stuck till I find them :-||

cigron

Nov 18, 2009
wormleysburg pa
I dried sevral defferent spark plugs. All the ohm reading on the coil and mag were ok the spark pkug wire and the plug boot were replaced with A NGK. Im lost :-||

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
How are you checking it for spark??
This is how I do it... Take out the spark plug & put the wire back on it.
Then touch the threads of the plug to the engine head (to ground the plug) & have someone lift the rear of the bike & spin the rear wheel fast. (make sure the clutch lever it 'out' so the engine spins with the wheel)
You should see a spark from the plug.

Do that test & post what you find!

cigron

Nov 18, 2009
wormleysburg pa
I have the bike in a bike stand.I can spin the wheel with the spark out fast
no spark. I took the spark plug wire of and checked at the cdi box.does any one know
what were calling a cdi is just a coil if so I have lifan motor cycle coil if I new I would not make it worse I would give it a try

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I have the bike in a bike stand.I can spin the wheel with the spark out fast
no spark. I took the spark plug wire of and checked at the cdi box.does any one know
what were calling a cdi is just a coil if so I have lifan motor cycle coil if I new I would not make it worse I would give it a try

It's a CDI not just a coil... A regular coil won't work.

cigron

Nov 18, 2009
wormleysburg pa
time for a little up date. I checked all the wire took the magneto apart their was some oil in it Itook the magnet off the crank seal was out most of the way put back in cleaned
the oil up the best I could. Now I have spark but it stil would not start. So I took up A hill
about 1/4 mle about 1/2 way down it started I got down the hill to flat ground it had almost no power gradually slowed for about A mile. Tomorrow im going im goint to tear off the gear side to check the seal. Ill keep you all informed on how I make out if thats my problem maybe the inffo will help some one else

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Maybe you put a bad batch of gas in it?

Mix a new tank @ 32:1, clean the plug & tell us what happens.

*edit* take off the air filter & see if the choke flap is loose & covering the carb? Check the fuel lines (& filter), check the whole carb for clogs or problems...

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
time for a little up date. I checked all the wire took the magneto apart their was some oil in it Itook the magnet off the crank seal was out most of the way put back in cleaned
the oil up the best I could. Now I have spark but it stil would not start. So I took up A hill
about 1/4 mle about 1/2 way down it started I got down the hill to flat ground it had almost no power gradually slowed for about A mile. Tomorrow im going im goint to tear off the gear side to check the seal. Ill keep you all informed on how I make out if thats my problem maybe the inffo will help some one else
If the seal behind the magneto rotor was out of place its a good bet the magnet has rubbed against it and damaged it. A bad crankcase seal will give you a loss of power, poor idleing and overall rotten performance. Piston Bikes, one of the sponsors here is the only place I've found that carries replacement seals. Motorized Bicycles Gas Bike Engines Gas Powered Bikes Motorized Bicycle Parts Remove the magnet again and closely inspect the seal for signs of wear and overheated surfaces. Replace it as good insurance. Lube the new seal and crankshaft during the installation so you don't start out with a dry seal.
Tom

cigron

Nov 18, 2009
wormleysburg pa
Time for A up date Now for the bad news the rings were stuck in there groves. Pluss there was A sharp
conner on the transfer port it put A grove in the side of the piston. I was useing
havolin 2 stroke oil at 32.1 next time I try to find some better oil I don`t know
were to find it I also I used some motor boat oil But. Now that im addicted. I need
to get A nother one. I have A motorcycle but at my age it nice to slow and see the world..xx.