The Mud Hog-My Winter bike

GoldenMotor.com

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Mounted with my old 35cc Bridgestone-this will be second winter-that is one gutsy little motor-run through the mill and it still screams-new gaskets,starter and carb-now I put away new 48cc for winter-tire patched from inside with heavy duty patches-also pic. of template I made so I can trace onto gasket paper for cylinder gasket.:/ thease rear mount chain drives have auto clutches and gear boxes :0

Attachments

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Never seen a set up like that- Interesting! Is that pull-start only? Looks like it would give a good natural pedal- I'm assuming the bike's freewheel works independently of your motor sprocket?

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Hello Nashville Kat; I like your avatar; Yes your assumption is right,the freewheel does work independently. - motor secondary drive sprocket bolts onto plate that spins onto threaded hub -then freewheel sprocket cassete for bike spins onto the plate-does widen it a bitt and axcel must be at least 7 inches. Because of auto centrifugal clutch it cannot be push started. I have had a recoil starter spring break on me once so I re bent the end and put it back in- later I put a new spring in from Sthil chain saw -those do not break. When I want to just pedal, the gear box and clutch do not cause much drag at all-I was surprised.