Autumn Conundrum

GoldenMotor.com

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Get the vac attachment for a garden tractor, the one they advertise on TV, then use the blower unloading attachment to return them to your neighbor's yard. :D

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Get the vac attachment for a garden tractor, the one they advertise on TV, then use the blower unloading attachment to return them to your neighbor's yard. :D
Ah ... if only it were that easy ... now that they're mixed, I can't tell which ones are his and which ones are mine!

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
rake them up in a big pile in the street and ride your bike through them. we used to do that when i lived in wisconsin. we called it "BARNSTORMING!!!" the neighborhood hated us, though. then they got smart, and buried a trash can in a pile.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I remember when it was legal to burn your leaves. Wow, what a great smell that permeated the neighborhood. My Grandad would rake them into a pile in the gutter next to the sidewalk, light his pipe and drop the match in the pile. He'd stand by with his rake to make sure they didn't blow around until there was just ashes left. It was a fragrant way to announce that Fall was here.
Tom

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
I was riding on a side street recently going uphill and cars were going by so I was riding fairly close to the curb, I hit a bunch of wet leaves and my front started sliding. It scared the bejeezus outta me. Thankfully I was only going 10 mph? and I was able to put me left foot down and straighten it out and no cars were beside me. Hitting those leaves was like riding on an oil slick, the side street was a long curve and that contributed to it too.

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Lots of big oak trees around our place ... which is good for the critters. They love the acorns. That's the plus side of the equation. The down side, of course, is the oak leaves hang on the trees untill the first big winter storm blows them off. That way I get to enjoy raking leaves again in the spring when the snow melts!
.trk.