Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
....who wants one? THEY'RE FREE!

GEEZE!

I just listened to a members sad story about how they ain't got no money and they just wanna ride they're bike, kit arrived defective and the seller won't help and ect.ect.

So, out of the kindness of my heart, I open up a kit and pull out a throttle cable, slide, C clip and the little silver disc, and package them up and ship them off at my time and expense.

Now I may sound like I am *****in' and you may ask "Well, if it put you out, why do it?"

I did it to help out a fellow motorized bike rider. I do it frequently.

BUT.

At first the guy didn't even post a "Thank you" or anything. Then a week later the same member is posting all over the place about all the neat stuff he's been buying and how he spent 800 dollars on custom parts, motor kits, and ect.

Now, I think either-
A.) I got zoomed.
or
B.) Someone is fulla you-know-what.

Having said all that, I will now say this-

Congratulations to AaronF, you win the first ever "Joe's Shmoe Award".

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Well joe - mebbe you got zoomed, mebbe he came into some cash, mebbe he's jus' a tool *shrug*

None of that is nearly as important as what drove you to help a fellow MBer, whether they honestly needed it or not.

Man - you rock (^)

Better to give someone somethin' and find out they didn't really need it than to leave someone hangin' I figure. Not to mention the ol' adage "Screw me once - shame on you, screw me twice..."

Well, ya can't cause you get nuffin' from me :D

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
BTW- I don't want anyone to "take sides" I just wanted to put it out there.

I have been thinking about it for a week, and it just got under my skin.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Joe,
I was thinking along similar lines to BarelyAWake. You acted with pure and honorable intent which is all you have any control over. It does matter what we put out there into the circle of life (biimaadiziiwin) and it does come back around in some way at some time. What you put out was good and will come back to you. What the receiver of your kindness put out was not so good and has already come back to bite him. My hope is the experience does not make you feel bad and that it is a learning experience for the receiver. I suspect it is already a source of regret and reflection. I've done bad things in my life and some good ones, too. What matters is that we care enough to learn from the bad ones what to do next time. How a kindness is received does not change the quality of the kindness given.
SB

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Space , the final frontier . These are the accomplishments of Bikeguy Joe who's five year mission is to clear unwanted parts out of his garage and create new space for more parts to gather . You still did an honorable thing by helping that fellow he won't forget it and he will pass it on .

Attachments

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
yeah, there was some guy on here that got my hopes all up about giving me some free white cables, then he dashes those same hopes with "i musta thrown them away...";)

just kidding joe. got some yesterday at the swap meet for 3 bucks...

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
just so some of you dont get the wrong idea, azbill shipped me parts for free, not that he is a scammer XD

Last edited by a moderator:

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Space , the final frontier . These are the accomplishments of Bikeguy Joe who's five year mission is to clear unwanted parts out of his garage and create new space for more parts to gather . You still did an honorable thing by helping that fellow he won't forget it and he will pass it on .
He he he he I thought that wasAlaska?
I agree on the last sentence.wee.

Status
Not open for further replies.