starting a trike truck project

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
racie, very nice project. How is the motor going to be connected to the rear wheels? Will there be a differential? Somewhere I saw a trike with a Peerless diffy axle behind the motor like a jack shaft and two chains going back to the wheels.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Hi dale....whizzer auto clutch back to a peerless....pulleys out on the nd of those axles..belt to whizzer sheave.
I haven't gotten the peerless yet but when I do I'll look for a pulley to bolt on it ,somewhere between 5-7". You can always change ratio out at the ends easily.
That's my plan anyway....and add an electric start from an ambassador.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Thankyou....I just fit a clutch on there to check for clearances and tried the exhaust pipe....so far it's going good ..I'll post a few pics after resizing

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I haven't seen this one until now. I must live under a rock. Very nice work there!

I've been tossing around the idea of doing a trike truck. The idea came to me while staring at a ladies Schwinn Del Mar frame that's sitting in my garage. It would be perfect. Having never built or owned a trike, I got to brainstorming about how I will accomplish this. I'm really liking your perspective on the trike truck. Gives me some good ideas.

Now, one question I have (that I may have missed the answer for) was about how you're going to drive the wheels. Is it going to drive one or both? I saw the picture towards the beginning and saw a second shaft with a chain on each side, but how will the two wheels spin at different speed in a turn? Do you have some kind of differential in the works?

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Thanks a green..the wheels will each have a whizzer sheave on the inside, belt driven. Across the front of the box area will be the differential from northern tool 3/4" shaft,also belt driven off the whizzer clutch. That gives it no drag turning ability . Kinda simple but it should be fine. That motor has mods done to it,so it won't struggle.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Just hafta find a ax pulley that bolts to it...5-7" I guess,I can always pulley up or down too out at the ends.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Been awhile since I checked on your truck project any updates? Simplex trucks are so cool & you have a great build going. Rick C.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Not much really and I'm struggling to get things accomplished of late after my wife passed. Things just don't seem the same. Not sure I'll get right to it soon.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
I'm so sorry about your loss & know how trivial much of life seems after a tragedy occurs. My sincere condolences. Rick C.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I just wasted another ten minutes trying to post pics on here again..pain in the ass.
I'll hafta email em to a few thousand people and get resized ones back...but anyway I'll post some progress soon