Another Schwinn straight bar build

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
Well, as usual I find myself looking around for Schwinn bikes on E-Bay or Craigslist. Knowing I need another bike like another hole in my head; cause I just sick with it ( straight bar sickness ). Some of you might remember that saying before. LOL

So anyway,,,, I found this 50 panther on craigslist for 250$ ,,, I will post the add here soon enough.

This will be like my other Candy Red Schwinn I built awhile ago,, but decided not to motorize.

So far I bought a PK-80 motor ,billet motor mounts & found a sweet old 30's 40's double spring seat. so take a look at what is completed so far.
Later, DOC dnut

Attachments

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Nice bike.. nice wheels too.

My 80' schwinn came with a seat pan like that.. I took it off and was going to fabricate a mono shock support.. but somebody in my family threw it out.. I asked and they don't remember... I had cleaned the entire garage looking for it.. what a shame!

My springer is just a hex bolt thru the spring.. maybe 7/8" hex on the front don't remember..

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
Thanks Chainmaker & motomags,,, I have 2 Schwinn straight bars in this color Candy red. The base coat is a silver, then the red. I will post some other pics soon,,, One is a hornet & the other is supposedly a panther. I plan to put a 2 stroke motor on it soon.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
glad you have dealt with the fork spring- they can break and cause a serious accident. I hope you replaced with a larger one and of higher grade. bike is very nice!!!

Last edited: