Board Trackers on Discovery Channel

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
The story of "Harley and the Davidsons" on Discovery Channel. From the video on their site (link below) it looks like it features quite a few segments with vintage Board Trackers and Dirt Trackers. I have no idea where they got all those bikes but, hey, they looked pretty good from what little I could see as they wizzed by. The 3-part series starts in September. If you like what you see, you got time to mark your calendar.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/harley-and-the-davidsons/

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Next month, folks. Just a reminder. There's still time to prepare to record it, for those with the means. I can't record it myself. I may end up seeing if Discovery Channel is going to put out a DVD of this. At least, I hope they do. They often do. Just in case though, anyone who can record it should try to. <My opinion.

Not that I've been counting the days or anything. Or marking it on a calendar, or putting a reminder in my phone, or anything fanatical like that. Nah.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
For those with Netflix DVD service. I just added Harley & the Davidson's to my saved list, but availability is as yet unknown...may be quite a wait, but they reviewed it and gave it two stars, their best guess for me?? lol I've never known Netflix to publicly review & not eventually stock the DVD.

The Discovery store should be shipping shortly after the initial airing in September for those who would like to own a personal copy. Rick C.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
UPDATE: Monday, September 5th is two weeks away! It's getting close enough to hear the thunder rolling in.
I'm not too discouraged about Netflix only giving it two stars. I considered that a series in this genre would have a rather limited appeal. We two-wheeler gearheads may froth at the mouth over it, but most other couch potatoes may have trouble getting into it. I intend to watch without blinking. :)

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
It's a package add on that allows you to order DVD's mailed to your home. Kinda like going to the video store without the hassle & it's super fast delivery and includes a postage paid return mailer. I usually select 10 or so DVD's & they ship one at a time. Keep as long as you like and when you return that selection they automatically ship the next DVD on your list. Of course they have plans where you can order 2 or more at the same time, just increases the monthly cost. I've used the DVD service for several years and am a big fan. Limitless variety... Rick C.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Monday night is coming, folks. Moment of truth. Personally, if I like what I see well enough, I may get a DVD copy later. If not, I'm sure I'll like it well enough to watch all the way through. Either way, this could be fun.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
So far I am enjoying the show. To the trained eye you can see a few weird engines where they don't fill the loop properly. Thought I saw a few "half" engines wher they only show one side of the bike. Also just one board track race before they moved right to the dirt tracks. Not to complain, though, as some of the footage was just excellent. Nicely done show.